Listen

Listen, do you hear that? The cries at once a little girl now a young  woman trying to find her place in this world. As I cry I wish that you would have listened to things I said when I was younger and what I'm trying to yell out to you now. When I know you'll never listen and I'll just haven't to deal with the feeling I have hidden inside. I don't cry because I'm used to not crying and holding it in, but if you would have listened I wouldn't have to cry. My friends think my smile and my language are real but what they don't know is I'm hurting deep, deep down. They won't listen why would they, they don't need my stress on their shoulders. The weight I carry on my shoulders doesn't need to be shared. If you'd listen to the things I'm trying to yell out, I wouldn't have to carry these weights on my shoulders or even share them. I would smile with no force and could laugh with Bright Eyes. You always tell me to calm down and listen to what you have to say, what about what I have to say? Does it even matter to you? Is what I have to say even important to you? You say it does but I don't see how it is when you say "fine" or "whatever." If my words aren't important to you just tell me instead of hurting me more with those responses. I guess for right now I'll have to fake a smile and laugh with dull eyes.