[Chapter seventeen]

Start from the beginning

"You need to? You don't want to?" I pout playfully.

"Of course I want to, shut up." He hits my arm lightly.

We get to school and walk inside. As we walk to my locker first because it's closer, I see Jake standing at it. We get closer and he sees us.

"Hey Justin." He says. I look at him from head to toe.

"Hey." He moves so I can open my locker which I do.

"So uh, have you decided if you wanted to be friends yet?" He asks. That's a stupid question to ask.

"I don't really know Jake." I take out my books and slam my locker shut. Raegan stands behind me, rubbing my side. I blush and Jake sees everything.

"Ok well uh, see you later." He says quickly and walks away. I watch him rush down the hall.

"What was that about?" Rae asks.

"I have no idea, but ow well." I turn around and wrap my arms around his neck. I immediatly pull them away once I think of something.

"Are we going to go public Rae?" I ask.

"Can we wait a little while?" He asks.

"Of course." I nod. The bell rings and he hugs me around my neck.

"I'll see you later." He whispers. I smile.

"Yeah see you." I say as he walks slowly down the hallway to his first class. I'm now wondering again why Jake ran away this morning.

[Lunch]

Me: Meet me under the staircase where we used to hang out?

Jake: Uh ok

I wait for Jake under the staircase. I already told Raegan I was going to talk to him. He was unsure about it, but he can't stop me ;)

"Hey..." I get snapped from my thoughts. Jake slowly pears around from the corner.

"How have you been?" I ask.

"Uh, fine. Why do you want me here?" He asks sounding like he doesn't want to talk to me.

"Come on Jake. I'm not stupid. First you keep asking me for us to be friends again and now you try to avoid me?" I'm so confused. Who does that?

"I was just thinking and I panniced...?" He twirls his thumbs looking down.

"Pannic about what?" I ask now even more confused.

"I-i still like you Justin. I love you." What the shit?

"You love me? How? When did-" I rant but he stops me.

"I have since we started dating. Maybe even before I was just afraid to tell you. I got jealous this morning." He shrugs slowly.

"Wha-"

"Don't act like I didn't see Raegan rub your hip and you blush. Are you two dating?" He asks. I don't want to hurt him, but I think he deserves to know.

"You can't tell anyone yet, I'm serious."

"So you are?"

"Yes." I nod. Just thinking about him makes me smile.

"What the fuck." He mummbles and tries to walk away. I grip his arm and pull him towards me.

"Wait Jake." I say quietly as he melts to my touch. "I'm sorry."

"So what was it huh? Did you want an excuse to break up with so you can go with Raegan?"

"What? Absolutely not. I really liked you but you didn't trust me."

"And I'm glad I didn't because look what happened."

"Don't turn this around on me. Raegan was my best friend at the time. I never cheated or anything, that's fucked up."

"But he was always in your head."

"So what?" I raise my voice. "I was dating you. Yea you knew I liked Raegan but honestly it kind of stopped once I had you."

"Yeah that's a lie. Goodbye Justin." This time I let him walk away. What an asshole.

[End of the school day]

I throw my books in my locker still angry from today. I really liked him and I wanted to be friends. But he has very trust in me and I don't need that.

"Hey love." Raegan says rather quieter so no one hears. I blush at the name.

"Hi." I say.

"You okay?" He asks.

"I now know Jake is an asshole. So yeah i'm fine." I say slamming my locker.

"On fuck him whatever he did. You don't need a jerk like him."

"You're right. Let's go home."

Unedited :(
Its been a few days, Sorry. Kind of a shorter chapter but I had no ideas. Now I do for next so ;)