Chapter 3

I  sat In my garden of Eden for what seemed like years, I knew that I should go back but I really just didn't want to. Sometimes I think of just running away with Lily and leave all this fighting to others. We could live on a small island away from everything, there must be somewhere that the Fusce Dominis cannot find us. And then we can grow up happy without a need to use our powers for anything other than good, and maybe Heath could join us. I know he never wanted to fight but after what they did to his family, I don't know if he would ever stop unless they are all destroyed. I know what he means all I see is my hatred for them for what they are doing and what they have already done, It causes blindness sometimes, making me act on impulse. 

Slowly I rise from where I have been perched, my legs are stiff with cramp but I shake it off, pain is nothing to me anymore, I feel it everyday. My strides are long and full of confidence as I walk back to the cottage, I know that people will be watching my every move to make sure that I can be trusted to lead them into a raging war. So I must be full of power, otherwise how could they trust me and my powers to win their freedom.  While thinking all this I keep a straight face, they will not see me crack again. 

I push open the heavy oak door and cross the thresh hold of the cottage, my thick black army boots bang against the wooden floor as I walk. I can feel every ones eyes on me as I cross the huge room.  It is darker inside and I can hardly see, it takes my eyes a few seconds to adjust to this darkness, but once they have I make my way to Heath. He is sat at a small desk in the far corner of the room, and has not even noticed my presence, he is to busy scribbling notes down. I didn't stop walking until I was right behind him, when I was I put one hand on my slim hip and tapped my foot slowly on the floor three times. Heath still didn't look up, so I cleared my throat loudly the whole room went quiet. 

"Really do you have to make such a commotion, I was just finishing up! Now what do you want?", Heath said turning around to face me. 

 I narrowed my stormy blue eyes at him. "Why is everyone in here?", gesturing with my hands as i said this. "Shouldn't they be working or training?"

Heath didn't even borther to turn around, he just shrugged his muscular shoulders and carried on writting.“I will be training in the garden if anyone wants to join me and actually do some work”, I said storming out of the front room and letting the wooden door slam shut behind me. I stomped my way across the garden until I was a short distance away from a looming oak tree, there I stood with my right foot forward so my structure was strong. As I shut my eyes I took in a deep breath of cool air and threw my hands forward, I felt a surge of power go through my arms and out of my finger tips. I opened my eyes just in time to see small sparks fly out of my fingers like red and gold glitter.  It didn't even go near to the tree, the small sparks just floated down to the floor. 

Just as they touched the floor there was a crunch behind me, before i knew it there was just darkness and it was being dragged away. To where I had no idea...