"Don't make me choose between you and the baby, because I wouldn't choose you." When her words, don't hurt me even in the slightest, I realize how wrong my decisions have been in the last months of my life, and maybe even before that. I almost feel relieved from the perspective.

"Then you've already made your decision." I start walking toward the door.

"Why are you acting like that?" She says, before I can open the door to leave and I turn toward her again.

"I've never wanted kids and you've never asked my opinion on this baby. You've just decided right away to keep it." I raise my voice, maybe a little too much, and I quickly regret it, when I see her frightened look in her eyes.

"I'm sorry but there's never been a doubt in my mind about keeping it and if that's you want, then you're free to go. No one is forcing you to stay." I take a step toward her, grabbing her hand and caressing it with my thumb.

"I've always told you-you deserved better than me..." I whisper in her ear, leaving a kiss on her forehead and in that exact moment she breaks down, letting the tears fall down her cheeks without being able to stop them. It really feels like an end and probably it really is and we both know it.

SCARLETT

When my father had called me and had told me that, if I wanted, I could go talking to Spencer again, I knew right away that something had happened.

When we had arrived in Washington I didn't feel ready, or strong enough, after the long flight, to go with them, but I knew that Harry had something to say. Maybe what he had told us had actually helped, or maybe it's just another lead that is going to take us nowhere. The worst fact is that I don't know which possibility scares me the most.

However, I had expressly told my dad that I didn't want to talk to Spencer, I wanted to talk to him, if there was something he had to tell me and he had told me to go to his office.

When I get there, there's more movement than usual around, but I walk straight to my father's office. He had been waiting for me, because his door is open and he's sat behind his desk. As soon as he hears my steps, he glances up at me and softly smiles.

"What happened?" I ask right away, sitting in front of him. I can tell, by the traits on his face, that he's nervous.

"I have some good news." His lips curve into a tight smile and I feel my heart starting pumping inside of my chest. "Thanks to Harry's help we have found one of the two unsubs. Her name is Joanne Johnson." He shows me a picture of a girl I've never seen before in my life. It's actually weird to think that I have spent the worst period of my life with this girl and I don't even recognize her. She doesn't seem familiar, I've never seen her before. She's a no one to me, if I passed her on the street I would've never known who she was and that's what scares me the most.

"She's the stalker?" I ask, printing that faces in my mind, because I don't want to forget it. I need to remember the face of the person that killed my sister and my baby and I need to picture it behind bars. My father nods his head.

"How do you feel?" My father asks me, stretching his arm toward mine and resting his hand on mine, to give me some kind of comfort that I so deeply need right now.

"Mad, mostly..." I sadly smile at him, removing my eyes from the picture in front of me. "Do you have anything on her partner?"

"Not yet, but we're working on it." He tells me, without giving too much away on what they're working on right now. Before I can ask him anything else on the matter, a knock on his door quickly takes my chance away.

"Clark, hello!" A man in a suit tells my father, coming him once my father has given him the ok.

"Parker... what can I do for you?" My father stands up and I do the same, knowing that it's time for me to go. He shakes my father's hand and then he remains on his foot, making clear that he won't be stopping by for long.