Chapter 24: Hero Names?

-Reader-

"Ugh...Fucking hell..."I cursed from the intense pain I felt while waking up.

Denki:"Oh! You're awake! Jeez, had me worried there pal!"

"Hey Sparky, how long have I've been out?"

Denki:"Fifteen hours, really harsh on that point, when we got you here, you're injuries were already healing."

"Huh, I guess Grenade Face won."

Denki:"Well, he's not too happy about it, Midnight had him tied up and gagged."

"Holy shit, I felt shivers up my spine."

Denki:"Izuku says he's going home so I took over. Don't worry, I'm free this evening so that's why I took over."

"Thanks man, I owe you one."

Denki:"Don't mention it, Speedy!"He chuckled as I laughed with him.

"Am I free to go now?"

Denki:"Yep, Recovery Girl says that your injuries are fully healed, we can go now."

"I miss my bed."

Denki:"me too man, me too."

-TimeSkip, 2 days-

Two days after the Sports Festival, normal classes resume at the school. Izuku takes the train to school and is recognized from the festival by several other passengers. Once he reaches school grounds, Tenya pressures him to hurry to class.

They talk by their lockers and Tenya tells Izuku that everything involving his brother is fine before they go to class. There, the other students in the class discuss how the sports festival has made them recognizable to the public.

We quiet down once Mr. Aizawa walks in without his bandages, having recovered completely from his injuries. He announces that their homeroom class will be on Hero Informatics, causing many of the students to panic and believe they may have a test. Instead, Aizawa reveals that they will choose their code names and the class jumps up in excitement to pick hero identities.

All of Class 1-A:"Alright!!"

The professor tells the class that this has a lot to do with the Pro-Hero draft picks, and because they are only first years any offers can be taken back before they graduate. Then he shows them the draft results, where Shoto and Katsuki lead the class with thousands of heroes wanting to recruit them.

Denki is discouraged by the large gap between the thousands of nominations they received and only the hundreds he and the others received but was soon comforted by F/n who was also disappointed. Jiro points out that Shoto had the most offers despite losing to Katsuki, and Momo congratulates him. Shoto doesn't appear to be too excited though, and attributes the nominations to his father's influence.

Sero claims that pros must have been reluctant to work with Katsuki because of his demeanour during the awards ceremony, to which he replies that if he scared them then they are just weak. Ochaco is excited that she and Tenya received offers, and Mineta points out that Izuku and F/n didn't receive any because of the reckless way he faught against Shoto and F/n with the same reason when he fought Katsuki.

Izuku looked down in fear that none had liked him in the U.A. Sports Festival. F/n came to pat his back and gave him a thumbs up. Although like Izuku and F/n, some students didn't receive any offers, Aizawa informs the class that they will all spend a week interning with Pro-Heroes.

While Aizawa reminds them the importance of choosing their hero names, Midnight arrives and tells the class that she will have final approval over the names. After she hands out canvases to write on, Midnight tells the class they must present the names they've chosen.