Chapter 37: Leo's help !

You woke up in a room,with your hands covered and chained up to a chair. You still have that insane look in your face as you examined the place where you are. All you can see is darkness,except for the small light hanging from the ceiling,and a table in front of you. Well,you don't really care. You just looked down,your voice slightly cracking as you made short giggles.

The door opened. But it didn't got your attention. You just stared at the floor,eyes wide with your still-black-eyes as pupils and giggling shortly. Footsteps were heard across the secluded room,getting louder each step. Once it stopped,a shadow landed on you. You laughed a bit before looking up,seeing the same,stitched up face with green eyes and glasses,together with his gray hair and the screw through his head.

Stein sighed,casually placing his hands behind his back. It was sad for him to see you that way,just like how Blackstar feels. He sees you like his own child,mainly because you go over to his house once you and Blackstar have a fight and don't have the mood to go home. Also when you're failing grades,because you sucked mainly at biology and math so you ask for his help everytime. By everytime,I mean everyday. Besides,the sane you sees him as a father also,having no idea how it really felt to have a caring one.

He used his soul-seeing abilty to see through your soul. Of course,madness is around it. He saw the hour glass inside it and you sleeping while standing,your hands raised and held upwards. The red sand,which he guessed is madness,already reached your waist line. He canceled the ability and sighed. "So there's still some of the sane you left… How should we get you out of this…" He muttered.

You just laughed,grinning widely with your eyes wobbling as you looked at him. "Get me out… Of what ?" You muttered in an insane tune. "It's still so hot… I want to have winter…" You added,looking at the side slightly. Stein just sighed,having a frown for seeing you in such a pitiful way. It was far away from the sweet (y/n) he liked. Maybe the total opposite. He just decided to go to you and pat your head,slightly ruffling your hair. You didn't avert your gaze from the floor,staring at it like there's something on it. He gave you a light hug,before walking to the door and opening it.

"Just wait… I'll find a way to get you out of this…"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"So… What's wrong with (y/n)…?" Blackstar asked as soon as Stein reached the Death room. Tsubaki was beside him,hands behind her back and sighing. "She's stuck in an hour glass. The red sand -- which I suppose is madness -- have reached her waistline already. I asked the witch about it and I found out that everytime she struggles to escape,the hole goes wider and gives more sand off. So struggling can't help her." He sighed.

"So ? How can we save her from that ? I don't want her to die thinking she's all alone and left behind !" Blackstar retorted. Tsubaki sighed,placing hands on his shoulders. "Calm down.." She mumbled. Blackstar took a deep breath,then sighed it away with a nod. "Yeah… Sorry…" He mumbled.

"I still don't know how. But if someone can enter her soul -- like how Maka saved Soul from being taken away with the black blood -- we can somehow figure it out." He adjusted his glasses. Lord Death gave a slight nod. "That's just one day.. And half of the population here just disappeared because of her…" He sighed. "We should find the fastest way possible…" He added. Then suddenly,footsteps were heard. They sounded like some person was running. The four of them looked at the path,until the person was revealed.

"Leo ?" Tsubaki blinked. Leo stopped right in front of Lord Death,panting. When he finally regained his breathing pattern,he sighed,looking up at Lord Death. "We're having something students shouldn't know about. Who gave you the permission to get in here ?" Stein said. Leo just stood straight,then glanced at Blackstar,who was staring at the ground with a puzzled face. "I know how…" Leo mumbled.

"I know how to save (y/n)…"