Princess

"I am not buying that." I cringe at the black lingerie Celeste holds. We are in Victoria's Secret and she is trying to force me to buy this set of lingerie that was unsettlingly revealing.

"Come on Jayne it's cute. Have fun for once." She urges me and I scrunch my nose up.

"We clearly have different ideas of what fun is Cel. "

Celeste huffs and goes to the other end of the store with store mumbling about how much of a pain in the ass I was. Smiling to myself I text Ofyssey and Kelsey who are at the food court with Darius. I glance back at Celeste who is paying for her things.

"I'm going to get a drink. Text me if you need me." She waves me off and I walk out of the store and into the center of the mall. I spot a smoothie cart and make for it.

" No mommy wouldn't like that. Please leave me alone." My advanced hearing picks up the voice of a child. I look around until I spot a little girl. A toddler really she's so tiny. She couldn't be more than two. There's a man that is trying to drag her away from the secluded spot she's in. Either no one else has noticed or they are ignoring it. The baby is a werewolf. I can smell it, the man is not. No he's a human and he keeps giving her evil looks. Forgetting my smoothie expedition I change courses and walk over. The child looks absolutely petrified. I step between the man and the little girl and I feel little hands clutching my leg. The man's filthy gaze goes straight to my body and I try not to cringe.

"You need to leave. Now." My voice is that of an Alpha. It's commanding and the man is struggling not to follow my directions. His eyes are glazed and he wreck's of alcohol. He is drunk. He makes a grab for the little girl and my hand flies out in the same moment twisting his wrist painfully away from us.

"Hay! She's my kid mind your own damn business." He's lying and I want to kick his ass up and down the isles of the mall. I want to punish him for whatever he was going to do with this baby girl. I want to kill.

"You are not my Daddy! My daddy would eat you for breakfast!" The little girl yells from behind me her grip tightening to an almost painful point. She seems to have broadened in my presence. The man grins showing a mouth full of yellowing teeth.

"How exactly would your dad eat me-" I cut him off mid sentence growing tired of his drunken tirade. I growl lowly in the back of my throat and my eyes flash yellow. My mouth fills with sharp canines and I flash them at him growling. The man's eyes widen and he seems to sober up as he sputters in fear.

"Leave now while you still can." He runs off everynow and then glancing behind him at me. Taking out my phone I dial the human number for emergencies. When someone answers I report the man's description and tell them where he was running. when I hang up I look down at the toddler hanging o me. I lift her up into my arms and her curling black hair brushes my shoulder.

"Hi love, I'm Jayne what's your name?"

She grips a curl in my hair and lets go watching it bounce back into place before she responds.

"My name is Penelope but everyone calls me Peanut. "

I smile at the child.

"Well Peanut where's your mom?"

"Weeeeellll my mama was on the phone wit my uncle Rhys and I saw a candy cart so I followed it." I would've done the same thing. What it's candy? "And I ended up here and I can't remember where she was."

I rub her back comfortingly. She was adorable.

"it's okay hun ill help you find your mom. Do you know what pack you are from?"

She leans in real close and whispers in my ear.

"Nightfall."

I try not to gasp. Nightfall was the royal pack. The alpha is our king. The king of Alphas runs that pack. Alpha Rhysand. That pack was also in our world. Not here in the human world. So how did she get here?

"Who's your mom love?"

"My momma's name is Laine. She's a princess."
She smiles at me her teeth still growing in. She couldn't be more than two. Princess Lainie was Alpha Rhys's brother. So she must be the little princess Penelope. No one knows who this baby's father is how does she know?

"Okay love why don't you come with me and we'll find your mum." She grabs my hand but doesn't move when I start to walk. I look down at her and she's squinting her eyes at me.

"You could be a stranger. I'm not supposed to go with strangers."

I open my mouth to respond but pause for a second. Well she was right.
"You are right Penelope. But I'm an Alpha. Your uncle is my King I promise I will get you to your mommy safely. That's what Alphas do. We take care of people."

She stares at me for a few seconds before nodding and gripping my hand tighter.
We start to walk toward the food court and I buy her an ice cream. While she smacks on the treat I take out my phone and dial my brothers number because I don't have Luke's yet. He answers after two rings.

"Hello devils spawn how may I help you?" My brothers voice echoes down the line and it makes me miss him but then I process his words. Glancing down at the child I try to think of how I can call him an ass without saying ass.

"Hay runt of the litter. I have a problem."

My brother hums a song and I can practically see him nodding.

"What would that be?"

I glance down at Penelope.
"I have the princess."

There's a pause.
"The princess? What they hell are you talking about Jay?"

"The princess. The baby princess. Alpha Rhys' niece. The standing heir to the werewolf throne. Yeah that one and I'm not quit sure what to do here bro."

"Jayne why do you have the princess? What the fuck kind of mess did you get yourself into!?"
My brothers voice is frantic and scared and it's making me nervous.

"She was lost I don't realize she was the princess until a few minutes ago. I need you to call Alpha Rhys or give me Luke's number. I have no fucking clue what I'm supposed to be doing here. She said she walked away from her mom and doesn't know where from. Why the hell is the princess in this realm anyway?!"
We sit down at an empty booth and Penelope leans on my arm as she finishes off her ice cream.

"Okay calm down you didn't do anything wrong. Actually you did a good thing. Where are you?"

"The mall."

He snorts into the phone.
"Okay take her back to your pack and I'll call Luke about it."

She's sleeping on my arm when I hang up the phone with my brother. I carefully pick her up and tense when her arms wrap themselves around my neck and she snuggles her head into my shoulder.

I spot Darian and the girls by the entrance. Walking over to them I smile nervously.

Celeste's eyes widen at the child in my arms.
"Who's that?"

"Umm I'll explain when we get to the house."

Everyone reluctantly nods and we hurry to the car. Looks like I've got a hell of a lot of explaining to do.

Hi lovelies! So there's no confusion about the times if you've read my other book princess of the undead queen of the wolves. At this point in this book it's two months before that story started. Any questions feel free to ask. Any who love you all comment and vote pls!