Prologue

You've probably heard of the Four Maidens and the tales of gods and so on. However, there is a forgotten narrative—the story of the Elementals. Their power rivaled that of the Four Maidens. Everyone knew their names: Blaze, the Elemental of Fire; Silver, the Elemental of Water; Lu, the Elemental of Earth; and Liz, the Elemental of Air. When combined, these four could overthrow an entire kingdom. But during the Great War, they perished. All hope seemed lost. Yet, the Four had trained apprentices to inherit their power and duty. This power passed from generation to generation. Every hundred years, a new Elemental was chosen, each harboring untapped potential. The camera pans down, revealing a man and a child, both with black, messy hair.

Those selected bore the immense responsibility of safeguarding their loved ones.

Qrow: Alright kiddo, once we're done here, we'll head out for your training.

Y/n: eyes shining Really?

Qrow: Yes, you're old enough now. Tomorrow's your seventh birthday, so I've got an amazing gift for you. After all, I am the best dad ever.

Y/n: Maybe when you're not drinking.

Qrow: Hey, I'm still a badass.

Y/n: Sure, dad.

Qrow: You're just like your mom.

Y/n: Well, she did advise me to stay away from it.

Qrow: chuckles

[Small timeskip]

Qrow: There we go, looks pretty good, kid.

Y/n: Does it?

Qrow: Yeah, best work I've seen. Are you sure you can handle this?

Y/n: Yes, can we start training now?

Qrow: Sure thing, little bird.

[Timeskip]

Y/n: breathing heavily I'm exhausted.

Qrow: Well, I did put you through a tough workout.

You struggled valiantly to keep going, but eventually, you succumbed and passed out. Your father simply smiled, picked you up, placed you in bed, and tucked you in. Later that night, you heard a voice from outside. Slowly, you got up and followed the voice. It grew louder as you ventured outside, leading you to a cave. Inside the dimly lit cave were paintings resembling deities. You reached the center, and the room was ablaze with black, blue, and red flames. The voice spoke.

???: Can you hear me, young one?

Y/n: Y-yes, I can.

???: You are the next to wield the flames of destruction. Though young, I see your potential. What is your name?

Y/n: Y/n Branwen.

???: Now, Y/n, take my hand and embrace your destiny.

You hesitated, then took the Elemental's hand. A bright light enveloped the room, fading to reveal a different plane filled with fire and lava.

???: I am Ember, your guardian deity. The next few years will be trying. Are you certain about this?

Y/n: Yes.

Ember: smiles Very well, let's begin.

The camera pans up to the sky and stops.

And thus, this is the tale of Y/n Branwen, the legendary hero and fighter, and the man who brought peace to Remnant.