Home (Steve/Bucky x reader)

*In this you are Bucky and Steve's friend from the 1900s. After Steve went after Bucky, when he was proclaimed killed in action, you went after him, not believing he was dead. You got captured by HYDRA, and they experimented on you with a serum that would be later used on Bucky, but it was unfinished and you showed no sign of difference. Enraged, Schmidt zapped you with a death ray, and it ignited the serum, giving you the power to control electricity. Seeing what you could do, they froze you and trained you with Bucky, both of you being assassins for HYDRA. Bucky was the main assassin, but once he got taken back by the Avengers, HYDRA sent you out of hiding to finish his dirty work.*

*Steve's Pov*

"Do you know who this is?" Tony asks. All the breath leaves my chest as I scroll through the pictures. I stop on an unmistakeable one of the girl holding a gun on the top of a bridge, long (h/c) hair tied in a simple braid, features wiped of all emotion. My mouth beomes dry and I find myself at a loss for words.
"(y/n)." I whisper, finding my voice. I hand back the tablet, hands shaking and stumbling back a step.
"Steve? You okay?"
"Yeah, yeah I'm f-fine." I say, waving my hand at him. I sigh and sit down on the island in the kitchen, rubbing my temple.
"Who is she? Why is she bombing apartment buildings and hospitals? And of course, seeing as you seem to know her, why the hell is she still alive?" I give him a hard stare, trying to convey all my hurt and annoyance into my eyes. The message is received, and he backs off. "I just don't understand how—."
"Yeah neither do I! How the fuck do you expect me to know why she is alive? All I know is that..." I trail off, anger fading and realization taking its place. My mouth opens and my eyes widen.
"Steve? Are you upset because you just, oh my god, swore?" Tony says, smirking. "LORD FORGIVE ME OF MY SINS. I AM THE MUFFIN STEVE ROGERS AND I GRAVELY APOLOGIZE FOR COMMITTING THIS HORRIBLE OFFENSE AGAINST YOU! PRAISE THEE!" Tony bellows, clasping his hands together in prayer.
"Shut up Tony! I know how (y/n) is still alive." Tony unclasps his hands, failing to shed his smirk.
"Alright Capsicle, lay it on me." I cringe at the nickname.
"What did I say about the next time you used that nickname?" I warn.
"Calm down Spandex. Besides, I know your not going to star-spangle the shit out of me because, let's be honest, it ain't your style." I huff out a breath and start on the story about how (y/n) is still alive.

"So let me get this straight old man," Tony says, shutting his eyes, one hand pointing at me, the other rubbing his temple. "Your old lady friend, lover, booty call, whatever, went to save you, got captured and is now HYDRA's number one thug?" I nod, grimacing at booty call.
"She was just a really close friend, Stark. Not my booty call." Thanks to Clint, I understand more references and slang these days. Those 'teachable moments' as Clint calls them are horrible, to be blunt.
"Yep. 'Close Friend'." I roll my eyes and begin to walk away. "Hey! How do you expect we stop her? We talking the full Avengers treatment, or do we go easy because she's a girl?" he says nonchalantly. I whirl around and stalk towards him, shoving my finger in his face.
"We do not hurt her. You hear me? You are not allowed to lay one stuck-up finger on her. And I'm sure Bucky will agree so unless you want two old men to kick your ass, I suggest you listen to captain's orders for once in your life." Tony's eyes flash with surprise, but it's quickly replaced by a smirk.
"Chill out Cap, don't get your tights in a bunch. I never said we were going to hurt her. I just want to know what the game plan is." I back away from his face. Suddenly, something beeps on Tony's tablet.
"What is it FRIDAY." he asks, walking over to the table.
"There is a gun woman on Bleecker Street. She appears to resemble the woman you searched up earlier closely." Tony looks at me.
"I'll get Bucky, you get Nat. Tell her to suit up."

*Time Skip brought to you by Steve, Thor, Tony, and Clint doing the Jingle Bell Rock dance from Mean Girls*

"(y/n) is here? We're going to get her?" Bucky asks, almost bouncing out of his seat. I chuckle at the sight of a deadly 100  year old man with a metal arm jumping around like a child.
"Yeah. And she probably isn't gonna just run up and start making out with you, so cool it Optimus Prime." Tony calls from the front seat. Bucky looks at me in confusion at Optimus Prime.
"Tony, he doesn't know who Optimus Prime is." I say.
"The Terminator?" Tony asks. I watch Bucky raise his eyebrow. 
"No."
"Greased Lightning?"
"Nope."
"Jaime Lannister?" Tony says, obviously exasperated. I glance at Bucky. He's laughing.
"Stark, I don't even know who that is." I admit.
"Fine. Refrigerator."
"I know what that one is." Bucky says.
"Yeah, that's the point Heavy Metal." Tony says, rolling his eyes. "I'm done with trying to talk to you old men back there." Tony shakes his head in annoyance, while Bucky and I burst out in laughter, along with Natasha, who has been watching this whole thing go down, silently laughing the whole time.