Chapter Thirty Nine- "Please."

Start from the beginning

            “Whoa.” I started to back up in the flowers until his foot stepped on my sweatpants so I couldn’t move. I didn’t know what to do except be frozen in place.

            “Why are you doing this?” I choked out.

            The only person that was on my mind right now was Bella. I couldn’t think about anything except her as I stared at the gun that was inches from my head. I didn’t want to die. I didn’t want my life to be over with, I wasn’t ready.

            “I told you that you didn’t have a choice out of the gang.” He seethed. “When we tell you to do something, you do it. Don’t you get that? I told you from the beginning that if you screwed us over then this would happen.”

            “But I did you want you wanted me to!” I yelled, the adrenaline coursing through my veins. “I don’t understand.”

            “You blew us in to that dumb ass girl of yours Justin. No one was supposed to know about it and now she’s a witness. You think she’s not going to go back and say something to the police? You’re stupid if you don’t think that.”     

            “She won’t.” I gulped and moved my phone behind me so I could send one last text message to her if this was really it.

            “And how do you know that?” He asked.

            “Because she loves me.”

            The tears started to come into my eyes when nothing that I was saying was stopping him. Nothing I said was changing his mind and even though the words that I had just spoken were true, he just started to laugh and shook his head. The only thing I could think of was her laugh and her smile. I wanted her to be here and tell me she loved me. I wanted to hear it one last time. I wanted to hear her whisper in my ear and watch her look at me like she always does. If my last breath were to be taken in the next few seconds, I wanted my thoughts to be of her.

            “You’re just as weak as I thought you were.” He chuckled and put his finger on the trigger, making every hair on my body stand up.

            “No!” I screamed. “Please don’t d-“

 Bella’s Point Of View.

 Bang

Bang

Bang

             The noises rung into my ears and it felt like a knife had just gone straight through my heart. I couldn’t get to my car fast enough and I couldn’t get the tears to stop flowing out of my eyes.

            Stop jumping to conclusions. Stop jumping to conclusions.

            As much as I tried to reassure myself, that didn’t stop me from sobbing as I tried everything I could to run as fast as possible down the street. I hate myself for parking and deciding to walk to see if I could find him. I should have just stayed in my stupid car.

            My fingers tried to grasp onto the keys but they were shaking so badly I couldn’t hold them properly. My legs were running, each limb slamming down onto the pavement and finally my car glimmered underneath the street light as I tried to hit the unlock key.

            “Dammit!” I cursed myself when I tried to open up the door and it wouldn’t unlock.

            I didn’t want the sounds I had just heard to be what I thought it was but what else could it be? Nobody would be hunting around town and the fact that he had just gotten out of a gang was just a for sure sign that it was him. Oh my god he just got shot.