Nightblood: The Dark Awakening

‘Moving to a new town was not as bad as I expected it to be’ sixteen year old Karina Crowley thought. As she laid her head back against her seat and stared out the window of her Aunt’s 1965 blue and white Chevy pick up. They were driving through the streets of the town that should have been familiar to her but wasn't since the last time she visited her Aunt, she was twelve.

She couldn't help but stare out the window nearly everything and everyone looked new and interesting.

Her Aunt looked surprisingly young for her age, considering she was in her thirties. She had long brown waist length curly hair like she did along with light brown skin and eyes. Her personality didn't help her age either, she acted as if she was her age most of the time although Karina never really had a problem with it. She was able to get away with more stuff with her Aunt than she ever did with her dad (he was forced to relocate back to New York for his job).

The town and the buildings looked old, like something you would see in one of those western movies but slightly more modern. There was no doubt that this placed had history, especially since the Welcome to Hellseye sign stated the town was circa 1840’s. She’s originally from Malibu, California so a town like this was going to have to take some time getting use to.

When her Aunt Carol finally got them to her house (which was very green and Victorian looking). Karina went inside with her two old worn out brown carry on suitcases and unpacked. Her room was nice and big with a window seat covered with different colored pillows facing the front yard. A built in book shelf that was on the wall on the opposite side of her bed, and a rocking chair that was placed at a desk in front of it. In the corner of the room was where her cherry wood dresser was placed along with her clothes.Her skateboard was placed in the corner next to her door.  

After she finished unpacking,she took a quick shower, changed and then went downstairs to help Aunt Carol set up dinner. Her Aunt even made sure to give her class schedule and a copy of the school map so she can have them for her first day of school tomorrow. While they ate spaghetti in the living room and watched old cartoons. They did that until she grew tired and wanted to go to bed sleep, something she couldn't wait to do. Since she didn't get much sleep on the plane because of the old chubby dude that was sitting next to her who kept on snoring loudly.

When morning came it took Karina a while to get up because the thought of going to school and being the new girl, made her want to puke. However she knew she had to because of all the trouble her Aunt went through to enroll her so Karina got ready anyway. She decided to wear rip denim shorts, a white tank-top, a red and black plaid shirt and black lace up combat boots to match. She decided to wear her hair down since she didn't have any idea on what to do with it. Then she grabbed her brown messenger backpack and black leather jacket that was on the rocking chair and went downstairs.

In the kitchen, Her Aunt Carol was eating breakfast and watching tv when she spotted Karina coming into the living room. Her Aunt’s hair was in a messy bun and she was wearing shorts and a white v-neck tee.

“Hey how’d you sleep?” Her Aunt asked without looking away from the tv.

“Fine.” Karina replied, “What’s for breakfast?”

“Well your choices are…” Her Aunt trailed off going into the kitchen. She pointed at a pot of burnt eggs and pop tarts and a cup of orange juice that were laid down for her on the counter. “Burnt eggs or pop tarts so which shall it be?”