Words Left Unsaid

Harry Potter fucked up royally, and he knew that very well.

Throughout his lessons and in the Great Hall he noticed that Malfoy had gone to extreme lengths to be unseen by Harry. He seemed to want nothing to do with him whatsoever.

Harry might have been fine with that before if he hadn't known what he knew.

Draco Malfoy fancies me, and I ruined whatever chance I could have had with that pompous, arrogant, and infuriatingly attractive idiot.

Worst of all, he had no one to confide in. Sure, there was Ron, but he completely despised Malfoy. He would have to turn to Hermione but that wouldn't be wise since she seemed pretty heated about Harry's mere existence in the first place lately. And he knew that was his fault.

He couldn't avoid her forever. He would have to make amends. But how?

He would have to make things better  with Malfoy. There would be no other way after what he had done.

He would have to talk to him. There would be no way around it. He wouldn't confess his feelings, whatever they were, but maybe he could strike up some kind of mutual agreement not to spit venom at one another any time they crossed paths.

It would be nice if he could actually catch the bastard though. You can't talk to someone you can't find.

"Harry?" Ron asked, breaking his chain of thought.

He had been trying to drift off into sleep for quite a while now, but found that to be unsuccessful.

"Yeah?"

"I think I'm going to ask Lavender out."

"What?" He asked. He debated adding, "What about Hermione?" but thought it would be wiser to avoid mentioning her name in front of Ron.

He had heard exactly what Harry had heard that night. Though, they never actually discussed what happened, so Harry had no idea how Ron felt about Hermione.

"She's a great girl, and we have the chemistry. I want to see where this goes."

"Um, sure Ron. Yeah, she seems great."

"You don't sound very convinced."

Harry could hear the slight animosity slipping into Ron's voice and decided to tread carefully.

"No, no, I am.. Sorry, I'm just a bit worn out today. Quidditch practice. You know how it is."

Ron still seemed unconvinced, but let it slide deciding that maybe Harry really was just tired. It was late after all.

"Yeah, anyway. Good night Harry."

"Night, Ron."

Harry didn't get much sleep that night, and neither did Ron.

Harry's thoughts were consumed by Draco Malfoy and Ron's were filled with Hermione and wondering if he was really doing the right thing.