Chapter 7

ERIK'S POV

  For the past few weeks, Y/N hasn't been answering my calls or messages. Even though she stayed underneath me, I never saw her leave the apartment. Maybe she did, just when I went to the gym or out to get something to eat.

 As I thought deeply about it, I was quite unsure as to why Y/N would suddenly stop communicating with me. One day was one thing, but a few weeks was another. Clearly, I was worried about her, yet maybe Tyler got in her head again. That was why she had failed to contact me.

 My doorbell went off, and I looked through the peephole. It was Y/N's sister.

  I opened the door immediately, and she chuckled saying,"Easy, hotshot. I'm taken, though I'm flattered."

  I smiled and said,"Right. That's too bad. Everything all right? Your sister okay?"

  Y/S/N said,"You know, Erik, I was wondering the same thing. What's her deal? I was sure she was with you."

  I explained to Y/S/N,"Actually, I haven't heard from her in a few weeks, to be honest with you. I don't know if she is ignoring me, or if she is upset with me."

  Y/S/N said,"Erik, that girl could never be upset with you. If anything, she may be upset with herself for something. I'm just not sure of what. Is it that Tyler boy?"

  I nodded and said,"Most likely. He has had a hold on her, even before I met her. You don't know Tyler?"

  Y/S/N replied,"No. He seemed pretty rude, though, but I could tell something has been bothering my sister for a while now. Since you seem so bothered by it yourself, it has to be him. You care for her, Erik?"

  I nodded and explained to Y/S/N,"I do, but she always pushes me away every time I try to get her to stay. Maybe she just needs time. Maybe it's a sign that she needs another man to help her."

  Y/S/N sent me a look and said,"What other man is like you, Erik? In this world, you won't find many. This is her sister, who promised her parents to take care of Y/N, that if anyone needs to watch and care for her it is you. You have had my blessing from the moment I met you. Somethings you know before they happen. I know you mean something to her, Erik. None of this was by mistake, okay?"

  I smiled at Y/S/N and said,"I appreciate that. I'm just trying to figure out how to get Y/N away from Tyler."

  Y/S/N chuckled and explained to me,"Take her out to dinner. Make her feel special. She told me about the skating rink. Thank you for doing that for her."

  I said,"You're welcome. She's a great woman. She just doesn't realize it because Tyler breaks her down all the time. I'm going to take her to dinner. Ask her to be my girlfriend."

  Y/S/N rested her hand on my shoulder saying,"That's what I like to hear, Erik. I'll find some way to distract Tyler. You get to Y/N and ask her out to dinner. Deal?"

  I shook her hand and said,"Deal. If the plan fails?"

  Y/S/N smirked and admitted to me,"Then, I'll handle Tyler. This girl is strong, too, Erik. Don't worry about getting Tyler. Worrying about getting your girl. My sister."

  I hugged Y/S/N, and she went with me to the mall. She helped me choose a nice tux, along with a new pair of shoes. Once we made it back, she motioned for me to stay down at the bottom of the stairs. I did, and she rushed up the stairs, knocking on Tyler and Y/N's apartment door.

  Tyler opened the door, yet I spotted Y/N getting out of the car a couple of parking spaces from the stairs.

  Tyler rolled his eyes at Y/S/N and said,"Girl, what do you want? Why are you here right now? Your sister went to go do something useful for once."

  I could tell she wanted to knock out Tyler right then and there, but it didn't help that Y/N was approaching the stairs. Immediately, I jumped down the flight of stairs and pulled Y/N to the side.

  She noticed my outfit and frowned asking me,"Erik, are you going on a date?"

  I smiled and crossed my arms saying,"You seem upset, princess."

  Y/N smiled for a moment, but then she sighed saying,"I have to get inside. Tyler will yell at me again. I am really tired of being tired, but I'm sorry about the lack of communication. I didn't mean to, but Tyler destroyed my phone. I haven't been able to get another one yet."

  I let out an irritated sigh, and Y/N smiled warmly at me before I held her back, asking her,"Y/N, will you please be my guest and join me for dinner tonight?"

  Y/N smiled and said,"You're..You're really asking me on a date?"

  I nodded and asked her,"Will you accept or decline, madame?"

  Y/N laughed and sent me a monumental smile saying,"Just look at my smile, Erik. Am I declining your offer?"

  I smiled back at Y/N and said,"7. I'll see you at 7."

  Y/N chuckled and made her way up the stairs saying,"Okay, Erik. I'll be ready."

  I clasped my hands together and thanked God before Y/S/N greeted Y/N. Y/S/N looked at me, and I gave her a thumbs up. She smiled, and I watched amazed as Y/N ignored Tyler's remarks to her.
  I just couldn't wait for our date, though. I also had to thank Y/S/N, but something told me she would stick around to help me get ready for what to say to Y/N.