12. Sudden Breakups Cause Ugly Decisions

Start from the beginning

Stefan listened before pursing his lips. Suddenly, Damon, in obviously good mood, entered the house while carrying a shovel. He smirked at Izzie, who only looked confused. The two were still broken up. "Where you been?" Stefan asked Damon who put the shovel away.

"Just out," he said calmly as Holden knew what Damon had been doing for the past couple of hours.

"Define out," Stefan argued sternly as Damon widened his eyes sarcastically before he started wiping his feet on a mat in the floor.

"One who hovers and sticks his nose in other people's business. Oh! Sorry... I defining annoying," Damon mused before approaching them with a smile. Izzie was creeped out as to why he was so smily to her but the brothers knew Damon wanted to get Izzie back. And they weren't against it.

"That's funny," Holden mused dully so Damon looked at him to see Holden in a bad mood.

Damon then smiled again. "Katherine's rotting corpse was stinking up the house. I got rid of it," he then explained where he was.

Stefan closed his eyes in annoyance before looking back at Damon. "Could be a bit of a problem."

"Why is that?"

Nadia then entered the room with an angry look on her face. "Because I'm here for Katherine's body," she demanded as Damon chuckled right on her face.

"You're out of luck... you ain't getting it," Damon answered sarcastically as Izzie glanced at Nadia before crossing her arms over her chest. Nadia did look like her mother.

Nadia clenched her jaw before staring at Damon in agitation. "My mother asked to be buried with her family in Bulgaria."

"And nothing gives me greater joy than denying her dying wish," Damon answered calmly causing Holden to roll his eyes then stand up.

"Whatever, Damon. Just give her the damn body," he snapped but Damon only shook his head.

"What is up with you being on team Stefan these days, Holden?" Damon questioned jealously as Stefan scoffed at that. "That bitch ruined our lives. Nadia knows her what, 5 minutes?"

Nadia became even more agitated as she rushed towards Damon to grab him by the neck. "Tell me where she is," Nadia demanded but Damon only smacked Nadia away from him and pushed her against the wall. He then started whispering into her ear.

"The nicest thing that Katherine Pierce will ever do is feeding the maggots that feast on her flesh," he sneered lowly as Nadia listened. "Give it up. You're not giving her back."

Damon then relented and loosened his grip on Nadia before glancing at Izzie. "You and I need to talk."

Everyone seemed surprised by that as Izzie slowly nodded her head.

STEFAN TRIED CALLING ELENA BUT SHE JUST DIDN'T ANSWER THE CALL. He hung up before looking across the table at Holden and Damon. The three brothers were enjoying their time at the Grill. Holden yet again was drinking. "She's not picking up. Told you," Holden said before downing his shot as Stefan rolled his eyes.

"Come on. You two are ruining the mood," Damon complained with a grimace as he poured another shot to Holden. "Katherine is exactly where she always belonged. I'm not giving the body back. Quit giving me that damn pouty face, Stefan."