Three.

I Nyx P.O.V I

I 7:25 a.m. I

I wake up on the roof. I wake up to yelling as usual. Dad's either yelling at me or at mom for "never doing anything right." I hear a thud from the stairs and rush into my room, throwing open the window and jumping into my bed. I turn my head away from the door so that hopefully Dad will thinking still asleep, but then I see my window open. I forgot to close that dang window.

Dad throws open the door to my room with a head bang and walks in. He sees my window and looks down to me. Then he does what I expected him to do. He pushes me out of my bed. Not in a playful way. I'm a way as if hes furious, which I know he is. As I hit the floor, he stands over top of me. "What did I tell you about being on the roof, Nyxillis? If you went out there one more time, I'd lock your window shut."

"Dad, please," I whimper. "I just went out for a little air."

"Nyxillis, you know what I told you about that window, but you just don't know how to fucking listen, just like your screw up mom." He raises his voice when he talks about Mom. I don't know why they are still together. I don't know why Mom deals with him anymore.

"I couldn't sleep so I opened the window, please!"

Dad leans down and slaps me across the face. "Shut up! Don't try to lie to me!"

I huddle down into myself and try to hide from him. I hate Dad. I really do. But I can't run away and leave Mom with him. Dad scowls at me and turns, stomping out of the room like a toddler. I sit up and look at the doorway and shudder.

I stand shaking and trembling and walk to my closet. I want to take one of my mental health days. I really, really should, but I also need to be away from this house. This house is a nightmare. I take out my black leggings and my peach skirt. I put on a white long sleeve shirt to cover my scars and put on my pair of black high-tops from last night and go to my window. This window gets my in trouble all the time, but it's also my safe haven.

I lean against my window frame and think about last night. Last night was the worst night of my life, and that's being compared to the abuse I suffer at home. I don't want to ever bring up last night again. No one needs to know, so no one's gonna know. It's too embarrassing.

I look at my phone. 7:31. I'm going back to sleep. I lay in my bed and roll up my sleeves. I look at the carved marks on my inner forearm. The skin there used to be soft and undamaged. Now, it's pink and scarred and damaged beyond repair, it seems. I run my fingers over my forearm and let out a shakey breath. I hate my body, but not nearly as much as I hate my dad.

I pull my sleeves back over my arms and lie there on my bed until I have to head for the bus. Once I fall asleep, my alarm that I set for 8:15 goes off and I sit bolt up right. I go to my door, pick up my back pack, and head to my window. I jump out the window and onto the roof, then I realise that if I jump off here to the ground, Dad will slap me harder than he did this morning. I go back inside and run down the stairs before Mom or Dad see me and rush out the front door to the bus stop.

I get to the bus stop just as the bus arrives and I jump on board.

A/N
Wow. I haven't update this thing since May. And now what month is it?
It's July. July 27th, to be exact.
Jeez, okay, I guess I should try to update this more??
Idk. But, well...
Don't forget to smile :)