Chapter 4 - Why him?

I woke up bright and early, long before the morning announcement. I headed towards the dining hall because there is always someone there at any and every time in the day, well other than nighttime.

I was on my way, but then suddenly stopped. "This is the last day of the time limit , if someone isn't killed by nighttime, we all die." I said in my head, trembeling. "No ones going to kill anyone, right?" I said. "Should I?"
"No, no. What am i saying?" I said, all these thoughts spinning around in my head. I shoved them out my mind and continued walking.

I was outside the door.
"I will end the killing game, so don't do anything unnecessary." I heard a voice that was all too familiar say. The door swung open and revealed Rantaro. He stopped, looked me dead in the eye and walked away. I wanted to go after him, but the way he looked at me, it was like he didn't want to talk to me, or be around me at all.

I looked into the dining hall and saw Angie, Kaede and Ryoma. "What was that all about?" I asked.
"Ryoma was talking about sacrificing himself so we aren't all killed when the time limit ends, Rantaro didn't want that so he said he would stop the killing game, by himself." Kaede said. I just nodded, this was most definatly my que to find him.

"I'm going to go talk to him, see you later." I said and waved, Kaede and Angie waved back and i exited the room. In the end i went to AV room because that was the only place i didn't look.

I stepped inside. Rantaro was sitting there, it looked like he was in deep thought. "Hey, Rantaro." I said, breaking his concentration. He looked at me, the same face from earlier. Then his expression broke into an awkward smile. "Sorry (Y/N)" He said. 
"Rantaro, i know you and i can tell there is something bothering you." I said and sat next to him. He didn't say anything but then said, "I said i was going to end the killing game, to help i was asked to go to a meeting about a plan to fight Monokuma." He looked very, very serious.
"Honestly Rantaro, i don't think it'll work, but who knows, we might as well try so, i'll help as well. I've got you back." I said and smiled at him and he returned it. He messed my hair up with his hand as well, while he laughed. I know it's weird but i've always wanted to touch Rantaro's hair, it has an unusual avacado colour and it looks so soft. I had the chance to now so i put my hand on his hair. He looked at me in shock. I just petted his hair and he closed his eyes. I think he liked it.

Once i stopped i layed my head on his shoulder and fell asleep. I was surprised because there was the promotional video playing to show that the time limit was nearly over, it started a minute ago. I also think it was to put us in great despair, so then someone would be killed. Even so i still fell into a comfortable sleep.

(Rantaro's POV)

(Y/N) looks so cute when she is sleeping. I could sit here and watch her all day, she looked so peaceful even though she has been through so much in her life.

I had a meeting to attend. I decided to meet the others people. These people were Maki, Gonta, Tenko, Kaito, Angie and Himiko. We headed to the Game Room. When we arrived i went to wake (Y/N) who was in the next room.

(Your POV)

I was woken up by obnoxious tappining, when i opened my eyes i saw Rantaro. "Hurry (Y/N) the meeting is going to start." He said. I just nodded and he helped me up. We went in the Game Room where the meeting would be held.

When i walked into the room, Gonta walked past me and went in the AV room, i asked the others about it and they said he did it to get stronger by watching bug films. I was a little confused but shook it off.

The plan had a good group of strong, confident people, i was impressed Tenko, Gonta and Kaito managed to gather all of us. We thought of a lot of ways to kill Monokuma but we always ended up at a dead end. "Guys i'm going to go to the restroom." Rantaro said.
"Okay man, be quick, we need your brains." Kaito replied. He just nodded and left. A sudden anxiety hit me, i ran after Rantaro. I grabbed his wrist and he turned around. "L-look, just be careful okay, the time limit is nearly over so who knows what anyone could be planning." I said with a obvious worried expression on my face. He pulled me into a hug. "Don't worry (Y/N) nothing will happen to me, i care about you too much to leave you. I'll be extra careful with you in mind." He said, he suddenly kissed my forehead and let go. I went back to the Game Room to think about more approaches.

I was finding it had to concentrate because the promotional video playing, it was getting on my last nerve. It had also been like 5-10 minutes and Rantaro still didn't come back.

*Ding dong
Bing bong*
Monokuma appeared on the monitor. "A body has been discovered, please report to the library immediately." He said then the monitor turned off. We all looked at each other shocked, than ran to the library.

When we got there no one was there so we looked around and ended up seeing a sight none of us wanted to see, a sight that would change us forever. I fell to the ground instantly and crawled over to the lifeless body.
.........
.........
.........
.........
.........
.........
My dear friend, the one i trusted, the one i loved, was on the ground. Lifeless, in a puddle of his own blood. My dear Rantaro was dead.

I layed my head on his arm and cried

I layed my head on his arm and cried. I've never really cried before, but today i did and for good reason. Everyone looked at me sadly, but no one could feel my pain, i was so close to Rantaro.

After some time passed, Monokuma appeared. "So who did it? Don't you remember the first blood perk?" Monokuma asked and no one answered. "Is that so then, i guess we proceed as usual, okay then, start investigating, the class trial will start soon." He said and left. I decided to get up and avenge Rantaro Amami.

(Time skip)

An announcement eventually went off. We were told to go to the Shine of Judgement. The waterfall stopped and revealed an elevator. We got in and decended.