Little Things

*Ethan's pov*

[A month later November 28th it's April's birthday we have a small party at Rafi's bar after dinner the kids put on a little show for us of April's favorite movie: The Notebook. As the night goes on April and I are having fun she's a little drunk she whispers:]

"Can we get out of here?"

"What? Why?"

"Because."

[April whispers the rest in my ear I look at her and say:]

"Are you breaking up with me?"

"Yes. I have no new stories to tell you. You know everything about me Ethan I'm not interesting anymore."

"You run when you're afraid. What are you afraid of hon?"

"I don't want to lose you again. My bed is lonely and cold. I can't sleep in fact I haven't slept a full night since I had the twins!"

"What the hell are you saying April?"

"Okay this is a little untraditional but uh, [I get down on one knee holding Ethan's left hand I say:]I love you and I want you to come home simple as that. Marry me again Lieutenant?"

"Please stand up."[April stands up and kisses me we kiss slowly and passionately we continue to kiss I whisper:]"You're more interesting than you know and I continue to be fascinated by you everyday. That's a yes by the way."

"I turned down the offer from Columbia. It's a great opportunity but Chicago is home and besides it's where you are. I love you Ethan Alexander Choi."

"I love you too Mrs. April Nicole Sexton-Choi. As of March of next year I will be out of the army."

"You love your unit."

"This family needs me now. I've given enough time to country."

"Okay. Thanksgiving is tomorrow are you coming over?"

"I'll be there."

"I should get them home. They wore themselves out dancing."

"I'll follow and give you a hand."

"Thanks Ethan."[We go to the house I turn the inside lights on the car is empty I whisper:]"Where are the kids?"

"Mom insisted on taking them and Frankie is spending the night at Maggie's. Said that we needed a night off."

"Have I mentioned how much I love your mother?"

"A few times."[We walk up to the porch holding hands April says:]

"Thank you for a wonderful night Ethan."

"Anytime. I'm glad you had fun and I hope you enjoyed your birthday."

"It was okay."

"Why just okay?"

"I haven't gotten my present from you yet."

"I didn't get you anything."

"Oh. Would you like to come inside for a nightcap?"

"I'm gonna politely decline."

"Okay. Dinner starts at four. Have a nice night. Drive safe."[I kiss his cheek and go inside I take a shower and put on my undergarments the doorbell rings I put my sweatshirt and jeans on and go downstairs I open the door and see Ethan wearing nothing but boxers and a bow I say:]"What the hell is wrong with you? It's thirty below out."

"I know. I said I didn't get you a present but I lied. I'm your present."

"Get in here before you freeze to death."[Ethan walks in teeth chattering I light the fireplace as we sit on the couch I roll my shoulder Ethan asks:]