Caught/Time for Hope

Arlo knows London hates that name but it got him moving. They crawl out of the Air Lift and paid the driver. They grab their bags off the floor and walk through the huge doors opening up to the Princeps District Aeroport. The port buzzes awake with a message from a monitor. It says "Arlo Ander, we have received your new address. We have gone to check on you to make sure living conditions are adequate. We request you to stay in place for the next two hours. That is all."

London starts to freak out again. Arlo sees that he's pacing and barely breathing. He knows that this isn't going to end well, so he does what London did to him. He hugs him in the most securing way he can.

"It's going to be okay. Everything will be fine. They won't find us and we'll be safe.", Arlo whispers it in his ear. He immediately feels London relax. "I won't let anything happen to you, I promise."

They walk to security and get their tickets printed. There are monitors by all the entrances and exits. London starts to panic but Arlo just grabs his hand and pulls him along. There wasn't a line at all, so it was very quick to get through.

"Tickets, please.", the old woman booms out. She looks like she is at least three hundred years old but sounds like she's twenty. Arlo hands over the tickets because London hasn't stopped freaking out. Arlo squeezes his hand to let him know he's okay. "So, the Klein district? What for? A sports tournament? Weekend getaway?"

"Yep! Going there for a soccer tournament. Placed first place lasted year, hope we can do it again. What do you think Tate?" Arlo turn to London and sees him snap up. He forgot to tell them he changed their names so they couldn't be found into database. "Sorry, he's been up training all night so he is really drowsy." London plays along and rests his head on Arlo's arm and pretends he is trying to sleep.

"Well, I'll look for you guys on the television. Good luck!" She lets them pass into the scanners. They toss their bags into the x-ray machine and walk over to get scanned. London walks through without a problem, but when Arlo walks through the buzzer goes off. He knows why too. He looks over at London to see if he's looking, but he is distracted by a shop with stuffed animals and books. Arlo pulls out the trinket he took from his dresser. It was a music box Arlo had made for London to open when he turned eighteen. He had forgotten about it but he brought it for him because his birthday is coming up. He walk through the scanner again and this time it's quiet. He goes to grab his stuff but he has lost one thing, London. He goes over to the shop London was wandering towards and finds him with an arms full of stuffed animals.

"Can I get them? Please?" London looks over his mountain of joy to see Arlo laughing so hard he's crying.

"No, you have to pick one. You don't have space for all of them." Arlo helps London put them all back except for an floppy frog stuffed animal. London used to go to a small pond when he was little and find frogs. He made houses for the frogs and after a week he would bring frogs to the houses and put them inside. It was really cute to see the frogs in the houses but it stopped when one of the frogs killed its roommate. He still loves frogs to this day though.

They go to pay at the front when London sees Arlo looking at him. He's smiling at him but he looks away as soon as London looks back. They pay with the port's credit then run off to the gate. London goes back to sleep once they seat themselves at the gate. He rests his head on Arlo's arm like he did at security. Arlo takes off his glasses and rests his head on top of London's. He dreams of holding the person he love's hand, of being able to make his own decisions. He thinks London is lucky because there is nothing on his card to hold himself to.

An hour later, they are a awoken by a message over the intercom. The woman on it sound like the same one from the security check. She said the flight 228 to the Klein district was cancel due to rain. They hadn't even looked outside or noticed is was pouring so hard they could see the tracks for the planes. It was delayed for four hours and they would announce then if it was clear to go. Arlo rests his head in his hand. He's frustrated with mother nature's impeccable timing. London panics a little before Arlo, not even looking up, grabs his hand and squeezes it. He is almost calm until he hears a buzzing coming from the port. The monitors have contacted them back. It reads "Arlo Ander and London Dater, you have broken law 238S stating 'You must remain in the household you are assigned to unless told otherwise. You must contact a monitor of your new location, if not you will be brought before the King to declare his ruling against you.' Please report your new location or we will find you ourselves. That is all."