Prolouge

I've spent all of my life trying to be better than I am. Trying to actually live a life. Trying to be noticed. If someone actually acknowledged me it would actually mean a lot.

Instead, I might was well not exist. Living my lowlife, in my basement, with none more then my phone and my guitar to keep me occupied.

A few books lay off to the side, left untouched, unread, unloved. My empty Starbucks cup sitting on the hard concrete ground nearby.

My notebook lay infringe of me, my stomach on the ground, my pen in my hand. Words come flowing out.

I need to go out. Get a life. Get some friends. Go to the library, book store, or music shop. Buy some new things, meet some people, find the one. I need to find the inspiration to not be basic ass white trash. I need to get a job and find someone with a passion for music as big as mine. I need to find a life worth living, so that I'm not just serving. There's a difference between living and surviving, or just not dying. Sincerely,
Kaylie W
April 23rd, 2018
:)

"Hey, you're Ms. Whispell right?" A voice says into the phone.

"Yes that would be me," I reply. "May I ask who's calling?"

"Yes. It is a person here to tell you that you got the job at Baylies Music Co."

It takes everything I have in me not to scream with happiness. "Seriously?!"

"Yes. You start 8 am next Monday May 21st. Be there on time or earlier. People usually don't last here very long just to warn you." After that they hang up.

I can't tell if I'm more nervous or excited. I breathe in a sigh, trying to let everything settle in. I turn on the radio hoping something is on other then some shit music. Within a few seconds I recognize the song, Never Be The Same by Camilla Cabello. Although it's not my favorite song, I know mostly all of the words and my voice harmonizes with Camilla's.

"Just like nicotine, rushin' me, touching me suddenly, I'm a fiend and you're all I need all I need, yeah, you're all I need it's you, babe and I'm a sucker for the way that you move, babe and I could try to run, but it would be useless you're to blame just one hit of you, I knew I'll never be the same..."

——
A/n
Hey y'all! The prologue is kinda boring but it will be important later. Just wait ;)
Also sorry it's so short.
Thanks for reading :))

(Sorry for the smiley faces ://:  )

I also kinda want to put the date these were published for a reason I forgot 💀

5/10/18