-3-

Miwa's pov

I barely met him 5 minutes ago and he's already making me want to choke him.

I just wanted to lay low, but I guess that's no longer an option.

Without looking at him I turned and walked away. It's better to ignore him than argue.

There were a lot more people in the hallways now. Most of them stared at me out of curiosity.

"Who is that?"

"Is she new?"

"Why is her hair so short?"

"She looks like a lesbian."

"No, she looks like a slut."

After that comment I stopped listening. It was people like this that made me want to hurt somebody.

I explored the school since I had nothing to do and class didn't start until another 15 minutes.

I was walking around with no particular destination when I heard yells of pain and laughter.

I turned to where the noise was coming from.

The dance studio?

"Don't be nosy, keep walking" I told myself.

But my feet didn't move.

Curiosity took over me and I opened the door just a little and peeked my head inside.

There were 3 guys.

Two of them were snickering, while the other was groaning on the floor.

I put two and two together and quickly rushed inside.

"Yah! What the hell do you think you're doing?" I yelled.

All the boys turned to me. "Look little girl this doesn't involve you so I suggest you leave."

I smirked. "Ok, I'll just show this video to the principal and see what he thinks."

"What video?" They asked.

"The one I took just now," I replied.

They both looked at me with wide eyes.

"Now, I suggest you leave before I get myself involved and trust me, you really don't want that."

They both nodded and dashed out of the room.

I turned my gaze to the boy on the floor.

He was beaten up pretty bad. There was a lot of bruises.

I crouched in front of him.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

He didn't reply.

I put a hand on his arm and he flinched.
My heart hurt at the sight of him.

"It's okay you can trust me. I didn't take a video either" I told him while showing a sincere smile and exposing my camera roll.

His tense shoulders relaxed a bit. "It's fine, I'm used to it."

I furrowed my eyebrows "What do you mean you're used to it?"

A sad smile crept across his face. "Everyone thinks I'm weird"

"Why?" I asked. I realized I was getting a little too deep in his personal life, but I was concerned.

"Because I'm..." he took a deep breath and sighed. "I'm gay".

He looked at me with his big brown eyes.

"But, that's not weird" I said. His eyes widened in surprise.

"Really?" He asked.

I nodded my head. "My brother's gay but that doesn't make him weird or a bad person."

His gloomy face was replaced with a smiling one.

"I'm Miwa", I said while I held my hand out.

He hesitated but eventually took it. "I'm Sicheng, but you can call me Winwin."