Vincent and the Time Lords - Two

Start from the beginning

---------------------------------------------------------

"I'm sorry you're so sad," Amy said to Vincent walking with him to the church, the Time Lords walking hand in hand in front.

"But I'm not." He almost laughed. "Sometimes these moods torture me for weeks, for months. But I'm good now. If Amy Pond can soldier on, then so can Vincent Van Gogh."

"I'm not soldiering on." She frowned not understanding what he meant. "I'm fine."

"Oh, Amy." Vincent shook his head. "I hear the song of your sadness. You've lost someone, I think."

The Doctor and the Stone shared a quick glance at each other swallowing hard. "I'm not sad." The Doctor squeezed the Stone's hand. No matter how much of a brave face she had on in front of Amy he knew how much she blamed herself for Rory's death. Continuously she had made comments about her ginger hair making remarks of it constantly reminding her of how much she failed Amy and Rory. On a couple of occasions just after the loss of Rory, the Doctor had found her curled up in the library, a book in her hand and dry tears on her face when she went into deep thought over everything she could have done, should have done to stop and save him.

But however much Amy had forgotten Rory she still partly remembered him, perhaps love was stronger than either of than anticipated. Part of the Scottish girl was fighting to remember her love.

"Then why are you crying?" Vincent asked eyeing the tear about to roll down her cheek. "It's all right. I understand." He added as Amy frowned swiping up the tear with her finger looking at it baffled.

"I'm not sure I do." She mumbled staring at her finger frowning.

"Okay." The Doctor stopped in the middle of the road the Stone stopping with him. "Okay." He said a little louder. "So, now, we must have a plan-"

"For once we seem to have a plan." The Stone hummed. "That's definitely a first." She shot the Doctor a playful smirk linking her arm with his.

"Yes dear, thank you." He nodded returning the smirk before looking at Amy and Vincent a serious expression on his face. "When the creature returns-"

"Then we shall fight him again." Vincent cut in finishing the sentence.

"Well, yes, tick." He nodded. "But last night we were lucky. Amy could have been killed not to mention my wife." He shot her a worried look after she had carelessly ran over to check he was okay while the creature could have been anywhere. "So this time, for a start, we have to make sure I- we..." He corrected at the threatening look his wife gave him. "...Can see him too."

"And how are we meant to do that, suddenly?" Amy questioned.

"The answer's in this box. I had an excellent smelly, godmother."

The Stone rolled her eyes at him. "And all I got books on languages because I am completely rubbish at that. I don't think anyone fully understood that I would have much rather enjoyed a book on something to do with horror or perhaps a sci-fi that didn't include aliens that were evil, its offensive." She sniffed.

"You do remember that this was the Time Lords?" He whispered in her ear. "Your mother would have never let an Earth book on the same planet let alone in your hands."

"Ah, but you forgot my mother was not in control when it came to godmothers." She winked making him chuckle before swallowing hard a funeral procession coming towards them.

"Oh no, it's that poor girl from the village." Vincent breathed. Stepping back and removing his hat, the Doctor and Stone stepping aside as well bowing their heads with Amy in respect while the coffin was carried, a bouquet of sunflowers on it.