Chapter 4 Next Morning

Sarah's POV

After taking a long bath, I lied on my bed. The smell of detergent on the pillows felt comforting and I fell into a deep slumber.

I woke up in the afternoon. Dad was nowhere to be seen, he must be at his store. My father owned a hardware store. He earned enough for both of us to live a peaceful life as it was the only hardware store in the whole town.

Our town, Georgeville is beautiful but a small town. My dad has lived here all his life but I don't want to. I have always dreamt of travelling the world. That's the reason why I study hard.

I notice a post-it note on the refrigerator reading that he will be late. He left mac and cheese in the microwave. I pull out a can of orange juice from the refrigerator and drink it quickly.

A banging noise on the front door stirs me from my thoughts and I walk up to the door. I open the door only to find my best friend standing with her hands on hips.

"Who the fuck do you think you are bitch??? Are you out of your mind? I saw you leaving with a guy. You weren't picking up my calls the whole night and now its switched off. You are not like this Sarah...... I was so...wo....."

She stops ranting as I hug her tightly. She looks surprised for a while but hugs me back anyway.

"I am so sorry Allison. I was so drunk last night, I swear I am not even going to smell anything that contains alcohol."

She laughs and smacks my ass.

"But where were you last night Sarah? Your father called me so I know you weren't home. Were you with that guy from the club?"

I glance everywhere but in her eyes. Tears welled up in my eyes as I reminisce about the event of last night.

"I will tell you everything Allie, but first you have to promise that you will not tell anyone about this."

She looks conflicted as she nods her head.

"Did you murdered someone Sarah?"

I couldn't help but laugh at her silly remark. She smiles and promises me.

"Last night, when we were dancing on the dance floor. I was very drunk. After you left the dance floor, a guy started dancing with me. I couldn't see his face properly because of the dim lights but I felt this weird attraction towards him. We made out for a while in the club then he took me to his place. I was so drunk that I wasn't thinking rationally. After that what happened, you can guess very easily. I lost my virginity to that guy."

The tears, I was controlling for a while, were now flowing on my face. She hugged me and wiped my tears.

"Sshhh..... It's okay Sarah. It will be alright. He didn't force you, did he?"

"No, he didn't. It was the best night of my existence. I haven't felt so confident and beautiful in my life. He made me feel beautiful that night but what hurt me the most was when I realised who he was."

Allison looks at me, her lips pressed into a thin line. She rubs my back and says,"Who was he?"

My body trembles as the name left my lips.

"Liam Styles"

She looks at me quizzically.

"Liam Styles....... Oh my god, he bullies you in the school right. Ohhh, Sarah....."

"Yes....."

We sit together on the couch for a while. She makes me a cup of hot chocolate which I gulp quickly.

"How are you going to face him tomorrow Sarah? I hope he doesn't use this night to torture you more."

My eyes widen at the thought of something like this. He will definitely use this against me.

Allison senses my anxiety and sits next to me.

"Sarah, relax. Don't think about this. You have to be strong now. And if he harms you, we will report him to the cops."

"His father is very powerful Allie, he will escape all the charges. I have heard a lot about him. He has done too many illegal things already and cops haven't done anything about it. I am so scared Allie."

"It will be alright Sarah. I wish I could be with you in your school. You have to be strong Sarah. In this situation, only you can help yourself."

I nod my head thinking about the next day at the school.

The next morning came pretty soon. My school Georgeville high is like twenty blocks away from my home. Usually, Dad drops me but this morning, he couldn't wake up early so I had to walk.

Students were swarming outside the school. My school is practically out of a Hollywood movie. You will find a group of girls in tight skirts, twirling their hair and moving their hips as they walk. Their group consists of a queen bee who is like Regina George from Mean Girls.

There is a group of jocks chest bumping each other after every nonsense thing. A small group of nerds drowning their faces in books heavier than their body. Can you guess which group do I belong? Yes, you guessed it right, the nerd group.

I don't have anyone in this school to call my "friends" but there are acquaintances.

Ashika, a beautiful Indian girl with long hairs and round glasses and Miley, a chubby girl who loves wearing jumpers.

I have my biology and American history class with them. They are really good at studies and often helps me in doing Physics problems.

We enter the school discussing the new project in biology when I bump into a wall. All my books fell on the ground with my glasses. As I try to pick my glasses, someone wearing Adidas shoes crushes it under his feet. I look up to see the face of the guy and all my words are stuck in my mouth.

"Ooopss sorry, I think I broke or should I say crushed someone's eyes." The handsome face says smugly.