Chapter 10: Custody

Start from the beginning

As they all pull up in front of a tall building, they see screaming people running out through the doors panicked and scared. Alex climbs out of the car, avoiding as many people as possible and hears her father talking to a First Responder. "I got it all, thanks" he says before turning around to walk towards her. "What do we got?" Alex asks as she looks up towards the building and Team One walks up towards their Sargents. "White male, late thirty's. Pulls a gun, forces another white male into the building" Greg explains as the Command Truck pulls up behind them. "Did you get a location Inside?" Eddie questions and Greg nods his head. "They were seen in the atrium, but beyond that, no idea" Greg answers. "Shots fired?" Alex then asks as she looks at her father curiously. "Not yet" he states. "Uniforms cleared the first two floors, but they don't have shields. So, they backed off In case the guy went active" Jules adds as she walks towards the team after talking to another Officer. "Okay, lets see what Spike's got" Eddie demands as him and Wordy turn and head into the Command Truck.

"Let's start talking before buddy takes it up a level. Priority is on who and where" Alex shouts as she looks up at the building again. "Bonus points for why?" Jules than jokes, causing Alex to snicker and look over at her shaking her head. 

"Okay, guys, we've got twelve floors, a dozen offices per floor. Sam?" Eddie questions as he looks over at him in the Command Truck. "That's a lot of window, can't pick a sniper perch without more intel" Sam answers quickly. "Alright, Let's narrow it down" Eddie says as they all look down to the computer screen in front of Spike. "Okay, I got the building's Head of security. His guys on these floors have reported no disturbances. He's awaiting instructions" Spike explains as he highlight the first couple floors on the computer. "Alright. Tell him to lock down the elevators. First priority is to immobilize and contain the threat" Eddie states. "Copy that" Spike answers.

Outside the Command Truck Jules and Alex talk to a shaken up woman. "He came up this way. He starts yelling at the other guy who was just coming out. Then he pulls a gun and makes the other guy turn around and go back inside" the woman quickly explains while a few feet away Greg talks to a man from the building.

"Do you know any of these guys?" Greg questions. "Well, I seen the guy he was pointing the gun at. The lawyer" the man says. "He's a lawyer?" Greg quickly asks. "I'm pretty sure he hangs out with the other lawyers from the building" the man explains as Greg looks over at Alex and nods his head.

Alex looks back at the woman and shows a small smile. "What was he yelling?" Alex asks curiously. "Something about his kids. Somebody took his kids?" the woman states scared. "Okay, and you said it seemed like they knew each other?" Jules then questions and the woman nods her head.

Greg looks back up at the man in a suite and sighs slightly. "Do you know where his office is?" he asks. "Well, it's not on the first floor; I got my office there. I know everybody" the man explains. "Above that?" Greg then asks. "I have no clue, man. I'm sorry" the man in the suite says shaking his head.

"Any idea what kind of weapon it was? A handgun or a shotgun...rifle?" Alex asks. "A handgun! I saw a flash of silver....I'm sorry, I don't know guns" the woman explains. "No-no, that's good. That helps. Do you know the victim?" Alex then questions as Jules stands beside her and writes down notes on the tablet. "I don't know his name, but, yeah. I think he has an office In the building" the woman says as she looks up towards the building, with fear still in her eyes. "Do you know which office?" Alex smiles and the woman shakes her head no. 

In the command truck Jule's notes pop up onto Spikes screen and read:

Subject: Male, Caucasian, late 30s

Dark blue business suite.

Weapon: Handgun (silver)

"Eddie. The hostage may be a lawyer" Greg's voice says through the headset. "Okay, copy that, Boss. Spike, You got a tenant list?" Eddie asks as he turns around to look at Spike on the computer. "Lawyers. We got plenty of lawyers. Law firms from here, to here, and here, and here" Spike says as pop ups keep coming up on his screen. "Hey, guys, my witness says they seemed to know each other. This is personal. Something about losing his kids" Alex explains through the headset. "So, he's stressed. He's just suffered a loss" Greg states. "How stressed do you have to be to come after a lawyer?" Wordy questions confused. "So, what, the guy grabs the lawyer, takes him to his own office?" Eddie asks. "Or he grabs the guy and takes him to the most convenient office" Leah states as Eddie looks towards her and she shrugs her shoulders. "Alright, until we learn more, we'll do it the hard way. We start on the tenth floor, we work our way down. Stealth entry. Locate and evacuate any citizens at risk" Eddie explains.