2: Bruised Up Throat

Start from the beginning

"Guys, Siena just asked Niall out." Just like that, Louis and Harry's argument involving his hair and how he should wash it regularly or cut it was interupted by Liam Payne, who made his seat across from the two. Harry was noticibly horrified when Louis made a scissor motion, amusing Liam.

They had been arguing about it since their English teacher, Mr. Roberts, had mentioned that Harry's hair looked like a tornado tore right through his scalp and killed the birds that had already made their nest on his head, and the stench wasn't that great either.

Louis had made false attempts to cut Harry's hair throughout the lesson, never actually intending to do so, but it still freaked him out enough to throw the scissors across the room, thankfully landing in the trash and not somebody's head.

"Really?" Louis asked, quite surprised at that, turning towards Liam, wide-eyed, "what did he say?"

"He said yes, you idiot," Liam pointed out the obvious, and the three of them looked up to see a limping Niall being helped along by Zayn who looked annoyed.

The three shared a knowing look, Niall was always making a fool of himself around Siena, she made him nervous and clumsy, he had probably tripped over something and fallen headfirst into a trash can, wouldn't be the first time it's happened.

"Oh Niall, what is it this time?" Louis asked, amused at Niall's pained expression when he sat down across from Louis, while Zayn sat beside Harry.

"Siena asked me out, you see. And I said yes, of course, we're going out of Friday, but then Samantha, accidentally stood on my foot, I don't think she likes me very much," Niall spoke, looking down at his hands which were fumbling together over the table.

"And then he tripped on the way here and fell on his ass," Zayn added.

Niall pursed his lips, nodding, feeling embarrassment paint his cheeks, but that could also have still been from when Siena asked him out and his face went red, and it was red, very red- glowing even.

"But at least she didn't see that part," Niall offered, "now that would have been embarrassing."

"It is embarrassing," Liam pointed out, grinning to himself, earning a small chuckle from Harry who was yet to speak.

Harry found himself drifting from the conversation when he glanced at Louis, seeing something odd on his neck, it was purple coloured, a deep dark shade, and Harry was scared the entertain the idea that it was a love bite of sorts, but an uneasy feeling in his stomach made him think that maybe it was a bit more than that.

A feeling of jealously filled his stomach for a small moment before it flushed away when Harry's mind took a turn, somewhere darker, somewhere he wished it didn't.

He looked away from the bruise, not letting his mind drift to the way that it was definitely supposed to be concealed, that if it was a hickey, Louis would be wearing it proudly like he had in the past.

Harry knew deep down what had happened, but he wouldn't let his mind sink that deep, he couldn't get himself worked up here, around his friends, around people, but he had to confront Louis about it.

No one except for Louis had realised that Harry had locked himself out of the conversation, opening the door and stepping outside along with Harry, eyeing him with worry.

But when Harry looked up, searching Louis' eyes for a moment, glancing towards the bruise for a second, only a second, but long enough for Louis to notice and look away instantly, trying to involve himself in the conversation again.

Harry stood up though, the four boys looked at him, watching before Harry mumbled about something incomprehensible before making his way to the school bathrooms, thankful they were empty when he arrived.

He looked in the mirror for a moment, trying to decipher his own thoughts, trying to figure himself out, but got nothing, he felt like he couldn't read his own mind anymore, like he had been locked out of his head and didn't have answers to where he could find a key.

Everything felt like too much for a moment, like his breathing wasn't his, like he wasn't in his body, like his thoughts were not his own, but they were, and he wanted to desperately to escape them all but now he is just trapped outside himself.

"I know you know," Louis said, appearing almost out of nowhere, a few feet behind Harry was realised he was staring at the sink and his hands and the running water, wondering when he switched the tap on. He turned the knob, stopping the flow of water.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Harry asked, looking up, his eyes connecting to Louis' in the mirror.

"You would have been angry."

Of course Harry would have been angry, he was angry, he was furious, and felt a rage building up inside of him, one he had felt during times like this before, an anger so strong, one that he only felt when it involved Louis getting hurt.

"I am angry," Harry stated, running his hands through his ratty hair, taking in a deep breath, "I want to see it."

"No you don't." And Louis was right, Harry didn't want to see the bruises, but he had to, Louis had to show and tell somebody about things like this and Harry was the only one who he could tell.

"Please."

Harry's strained voice, you could hear the hurt in it, and the anger, and he could feel his bones shake below his skin, wanting the break something. He took another deep breath as he awaited a response, turning around and staring at Louis now.

"Okay," Louis responded, nodding solemnly, "your house though."

Harry nodded.

-

I'm half asleep but enjoy this and stuff!!