ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ || ɢʀᴇᴇɴʜᴀᴠᴇɴ

Depuis le début

I shook my head at him and looked around. Alex was nowhere to be seen– he must've left the room. Unsure what else to do, I jogged over to the others.

"Ah, welcome!"

I jumped as the voice boomed out across the hall, immediately turning to find its owner.

A burly, bearded man strode in from the door leading out of the hall. His eyes crinkled at the edges as he smiled, softening his considerably intimidating features into warmth. "My name, as you all know, is Olvan. I am the leader of the Greencloaks." He smiled again as two Greencloaks stepped out beside him.

"These two," he gestured toward them with a beefy hand, "are Tyler and Ryan. They will be your guardians."

Each of the guardians waved as he spoke their names.

"Now, I'm sure you're all very confused and nervous about all of this." His voice radiated authority like I'd never heard before. "But I assure you, all will be explained in due time. But I must attend to some things at the moment. Please, acquaint yourselves." A twinkle appeared in his eye. "I can already sense you'll be a great team." He smiled yet again and exited back through the door.

Once he was gone, I crouched, speaking quickly to Cerco. "This is exciting!" I whispered, "but also strange. Nerve wracking, for sure. I still don't understand why there are only seven of us. Or how we're supposed to 'save Erdas'?"

"Navia, was it?"

I practically leapt out of my skin, spinning around and almost falling over. I lurched to my feet, regaining my balance within a moment.

The Greencloak that Olvan had introduced a Ryan stood behind me. She wore a grin that was bright enough to rival the sun. "Sorry! Didn't mean to scare you."

"It's okay." I shook my head and laughed. "I'm just jumpy. No harm done."

Somehow, her grin grew even brighter. "Oh, good. So, who's this?"

I followed her pointing finger down to Cerco. "Oh, that's Cerco. He's the whole reason I'm here." I answered.

"He's handsome." She flashed her bright grin again and I simply nodded, too confused by the interaction to do anything else.

"Well, I'm so happy to have met you– both of you." Ryan said, patting my shoulder. "Gonna go say hi to some of the others. Would you like to come?"

"Uh, no thanks." I declined politely.

She nodded and headed toward the girl with the horse that I'd seen earlier.

"Tellun, her smiles are bright!" A voice beside me made me glance over. A dark skinned boy with dark eyes and one raised eyebrow stood on my left.

I stifled a chuckle. "Yeah. It's like she's trying to compete with the sun!"

The boy laughed. An ostrich was standing a few paces behind him, watching with sharp eyes and a tilted head. "I'm Niko." He extended a hand.

"Navia." I responded. "And this is Cerco." I shook his hand, relaxing a bit.

"Oh, yeah, I guess I should introduce Jesse as well." He pointed with his thumb to the bird. "He's not really social. Or at least, he hasn't been so far."

I chuckled at that. "Fair enough." The conversation was light, but I could see the way his fingers twitched. It was like he was itching to leave. I wondered why.

"Hey, it's been great meeting you, Navia," Niko drew back my attention, wearing a charming smile that made me want to laugh. "But there's a boy over there with no friends, and I think I'm gonna go become one for him."

I glanced around and frowned. "Which boy?"

"Uh, the only one? He's staring at the door." He answered, gesturing. His gaze swept the room. "Oh, look at that. There's another friendless kid, who looks like he wants to be swallowed up by the floor. Seems like you can go make a friend too!" He clapped my shoulder and grinned again. "Good luck!" Niko trotted away with a laugh.

I shook my head, amused, but took his advice and made my way over to the other boy to go introduce myself. Well, at least I knew there was one kid who liked me on the team. That was better than nothing, right?

I'll be updating whenever I can! Peace out dudes!

edit: 26/03/21
eee hiii
this guy is super longggg
anyway it was like a full rewrite so-
but yeah i hope you liked it :)
stay safe my lovelies xx