‣ scene 17 [tramp stamped]

Magsimula sa umpisa

"...I... just wanted to try doing something a little rebellious. A small tattoo seemed reasonable. I-I still don't have any idea what to get, though..."

"Oh, we've got a book for that. Mioda can—"

Ibuki threw a hairbrush at Leon. Her client laughed before going back to pretending that she wasn't eavesdropping. Daiya shot him a glare, and then he flashed a wicked grin at Kiyotaka as he pulled the cap off of a marker.

"How 'bout I surprise ya? I have somethin' in mind that seems perfect for ya. ...C'mere, Ibuki. I'll sketch it for ya. You can tell me if ya think it's a good idea."

Kiyotaka chewed on his lip as the two of them huddled over the work table. Whatever Daiya had sketched, Ibuki thought it was delightful and had difficulty containing her giggles and squeals. Kiyotaka couldn't seem to work up the nerve to stop their schemes, to insist on picking something out of the book. It was likely because he'd already told Ibuki that he might let the artist pick something, and he didn't want to disappoint her. She was overwhelming, but she somehow seemed like a very nice person anyway.

The team agreed on the design. Leon glanced at it and raised a suspicious eyebrow again, but didn't give it away. Daiya offered Kiyotaka another grin.

"N' where were ya thinkin' of gettin' it?"

Kiyotaka gulped. He'd already decided on the spot, and he couldn't think of any better place (he'd run the risk of someone seeing it if he put it elsewhere, if he were to go swimming or something). But he hadn't expected this situation, and now, it was highly embarrassing. The trio stared in anticipation as Kiyotaka slowly stood up.

His face went bright red. He looked down at the floor. And then he patted his hip.

"...Right here," he mumbled. "My hip. It'll always be concealed by my pants that way. The only way someone would see it is if they had me... you know. Naked."

Kiyotaka looked back up, and he swiftly regretted that move. He did not like Daiya's expression.

"What an incredible idea, Kiyoyo!" Ibuki squealed. Kiyotaka frowned at the weird nickname she'd decided to give him. He also realized, just then, that he'd have to pull his pants down.

Daiya warned him that the placement would likely hurt quite a bit, as the flesh over the hip bone was often quite tender. But since it was a small symbol, he was sure Kiyotaka would be just fine. Kiyotaka grit his teeth as he awkwardly adjusted his pants. Ibuki gave him an apron to cover himself with, so he at least didn't have to worry about flashing anyone. He hadn't been able to stay seated. The chair adjusted into some kind of flat bed, and he was now lying helplessly across it, his fate sealed.

Ibuki got a little too close to his face again. He felt like a laboratory sample, especially with the bright lights right above him.

"You didn't answer my other questions."

No, not a laboratory sample— this was like a police interrogation. Daiya and Ibuki were staring him down. He gulped.

"I-I don't even remember what they were!"

She easily remembered them and rattled them off like it was nothing. He did his best to answer them while the trio of workers studied him. Leon still wasn't quite catching up to what Ibuki and Daiya were scheming.

Daiya started tracing the design onto Kiyotaka's skin as Ibuki finished up with her client and sent her off. The process wasn't quite as awkward as he had thought it would be, because the man was clearly a professional who didn't think much of it. He wouldn't let Kiyotaka catch a glimpse of the design and intentionally blocked it with his arm. Kiyotaka glared at him. He was going to reverse this interrogation.