Chapter 6

Bella•

    Life becomes a bit more bearable when I have Fred back. I still miss George and my family like crazy but now I'm not secluded at least.
Angelina has started hanging around the store but at least she's nice to Ava. She's not horrible when she's not trying to steal your boyfriend. Part of me wonders if she's just trying to get to George but he doesn't seem to mind having her around anyways.
"I had to tell George I was going on a date," Fred laughs as we eat ice cream. "What did he say?" I ask him. "Nothing really. He just asked with who so I told him Ava."
"I hate Ava," I tell Fred as I roll my eyes. "I liked Bells a lot better," Fred says in response. We both look at each other for a moment before bursting into laughter.
Fred and I are currently sitting at an ice cream parlor in muggle London. We wanted to hang out but we can't really talk around others. Of course I still have to be Ava but it's okay. I don't have to try and hide my personality.
"You should come to Sunday dinner at the burrow," Fred tells me. I give him a look, waiting for him to realize why I can't. "Not as you, as Ava. I'll introduce you as my girlfriend and you can see everyone again."
I bite my lip, unsure of what to do. On one hand, I could see everyone again. Harry, my dad, Ginny.... I don't know if I can handle it.

"Fred I don't know. What if I screw up and say the wrong thing?"

"You won't."

"How do you know?"

"Because I know you. Come on Bells, come home this weekend."

After Fred says that last sentence, I know I have to go. He's right of course, the Burrow is part of a home I don't have anymore. "Alright."
By Sunday I've started to change my mind. I know I can't back out now but part of me wishes I'd never agreed to this. I'll have to pretend to be Fred's girlfriend while his brother sits with us.
It'll be worth it though. I get to see Harry. I wonder how he is? Fred told me that he and Ginny are together. Hermione and Ginny went back to school but Ron and Harry were offered jobs as aurors.
Despite my ever growing nerves I can't help but smile as I get ready. I'm going to see my family again. Unexpectedly, a wave of grief hits me. I won't be seeing my family because my family is incomplete without Remus.
Fred agreed to come by early and help me come up with a backstory. He finds me with mascara streaked down my face and sobs wracking my body. "Bells? Are you okay?"
"Remus won't be there." I don't know how to convey the pain I'm feeling in my heart. Remus, who was like my third parent. I twist the necklace around my neck. We were supposed to save each other.
Fred hugs me tightly, whispering comforting words in my ear. Those words mean nothing. Remus is gone. Tonks too. I find myself sobbing into Fred, trying not to curse the world.
When I've finally cried myself out I get up and reapply my makeup. The redness in my face will fade in a few minutes. "Teddy is fine," Fred tells me. "He's smart like this father."
Despite the pain in my heart I find myself smiling at these words. Back when Teddy was little, he spent so much time with us. Harry is his godfather and I am his godmother. Does that still apply since I died? Probably.
Fred is wearing a red button up so I find a casual red dress among my things. When I come back from changing there is not a hint of red on my face. Fred takes my hand and we apparate to The Burrow.
The Burrow is just as busy as I remember it. Molly is bustling around in the kitchen and Fleur is trying to help her. She smiles brightly as we walk in. Suddenly she's got me in a hug. I've always loved Molly's hugs.
We walk into the living room where most people are sitting. All of the Weasley boys are sitting there along with Harry and my father. My father looks terrible. He's pale and has dark circles under his eyes. His hair is messy and he's not saying much.
Harry looks very alive. He's smiling widely and bouncing a little boy with blue hair on his lap. His hair is messy like always and he's chatting with Charlie. He look happy.
Fred is suddenly hugging me and I'm very confused until he whispers in my ear. "Your hair." I grab a lock of my hair and look down to see that the tips are turning black.
I close my eyes and concentrate on staying blonde. "This was such a bad idea," I whisper. Fred shakes his head. "It wasn't. Everything is going to be fine." I force myself to believe his words and he lets me go. Still nervous, I grab his hand.
"Hey everyone. This is my girlfriend, Ava," Fred says. Everyone gives me a warm smile and I do the same in response.
    Fred introduces everyone in the room as if I don't know them. I'm not suppose to know them. Yet I do. I know everything.
    I know that Harry can't sleep with his socks on. I know that my dad won't eat brownies unless they're gooey. I know that Ginny secretly wishes she was smart instead of brave. I know.
    George walks in after a moment and I know everything about him too. I know everything about him. Every inch of his body and personality. At this moment I want nothing more than for him to come up and wrap his arms around my waist like he used to.
    I squeeze Fred's hand and he knows what I mean. He squeezes my hand back as we take a seat on the couch. I'm glad to see everyone even though they don't know me. Now I can't wait for Molly's cooking.