Chapter One

*Edited*
Avery's POV

Swaying slowly while sitting on a rusty green swingset by myself at the lake just outside my house. Well it's my house until tonight that is. You see, today is the day where my life basically becomes a living hell.

Im moving to Seattle.

Okay, maybe im overreacting just a little about the whole living hell part. But hey, imagine leaving all your friends that mean the world to you and moving to a place where you don't know anyone you'd be pretty pissed too.

I have six hours until my flight that I've been trying to avoid as long as I can. While walking home I decide to go say goodbye to Kylie for one last time before I leave.

I make my way up the carpeted steps of her house and knock on her crème colored door. I hear voices from inside the room before the door swings open.

"AVERY!" and before I know it I'm pulled a hard chest and into muscular arms.

"Hey Aiden" I say laughing while hugging him back.

Aiden is Kylie's older brother who's like an older brother to me. He stands at about 6 feet tall and has clean blonde hair and bluish-gray eyes. I would probably fall for him if he wasn't like a brother to me.

We pull away and I ask him where Kylie is and he points to the stairs.

I run up the stairs and burst open the third door to the left a little too hard and hear a loud THUD and I look at Kylie, now laying on her stomach on the floor groaning in pain.

I cant help but burst out into loud laughter since I'm the one who caused her to fall off of her bed scaring her.

"I - I CANT... BREATHE!" I manage to choke out between laughs.

Kylie just sends me a death glare and stands up before crossing her arms over her chest in annoyance.

"It's not funny!" She replies but I definitely caught her lips tug up a bit.

I step closer to her and we both give eachother the biggest and tightest hug we can.

"I'm gonna miss you so much Avery." She simply says and we stand there for a few more seconds surrounded by a comfortable silence.

We both let go and her eyes are glossy and I begin to tear up myself. Kylie has been with me through everything. We grew up together. I just can't imagine going every day without her.

The ringing of my phone interrupts us and I sigh when I see 'Dad' flashing on the screen.

I answer the phone and mutter a few 'yeah's and 'okay's and finally hung up.

"My dad wants me to head home." I say and I see the sadness in her eyes.

We silently walk to the door and say our final goodbyes, we also promise to video chat at least 4 times a week and keep eachother updated on any important news that happens when we're not together.

"I'll drive you home Avery." Aiden says while slipping his shoes on.

I mutter a quiet "thanks" and we get into his black XTS which I've grown to love.

He pulls into my driveway and we both get out and walk to my door. I take my time getting the key out of my purse and pushing it the lock, and when I finally unlock it, I turn back to Aiden before I open the door.

He gives me a sad smile before pulling me in another hug.

"I guess this is goodbye." I say and he pulls me back looking hurt.

"No, this isn't goodbye, I refuse. Me and Kylie will come visit you sometime, or you can come visit us. It's not goodbye Avery, you can't get rid of us that easily." He says smiling and I find myself doing the same.

"Alrighty then, I guess this is a see you later then?" I ask and he nods.

We say goodbye one last time and I go inside and meet my dad in our average sized kitchen. There is only 3 hours until my flight.

"Hey Ave" my dad greets me with a warm smile.

"What's up dad." I say in a sad small voice.

"Your sister called me and told me that the house is ready for us, it's beautiful you know." my dad says. I just nod in reply, "Look Avery, I know it's hard leaving home and moving across the country, but the promotion was way too good to decline. I want you and your sister to be happy and live together, I thought this was a great opportunity."

I smile sympathetically at him, "Thanks dad, I'm sure I'll love it once I get there, but for now I'm just upset to be leaving everything behind. Thank you so much for this opportunity, I love you."

The smile he gives me warms my heart and makes me feel a little better. "I love you too Sweetie."

3hours laterThe taxi pulls into the driveway of the house that I'm forced to call home. The house is pretty big, nowhere near mansion size, but big enough for me, Abby, my dad, and a couple of guests if needed.

My sister Abby has been living in the area for a little less than a year before us since her college is nearby. We all just moved into this house though, so we all need to get used to it.

Abby comes rushing down the stairs dressed in a dress that she must've squeezed herself into. Its navy blue, super short, and it also shows off her curves. She's pretty much the hotter sister.

She squeals as she hugs both of us and we hug her back tightly, I saw her just a few weeks ago when she came to visit, but I still missed her loads.

"Avery, I need to show you where your room is! You're gonna love it so much, I can feel it!" She grabs my hand and drags me up the stairs and into the door at the end of the hall.

I anxiously open the door and my mouth hangs open. My walls are painted a super light purple color and the bed is covered with a white comforter with purple and black pillows. I also have my own bathroom with a stand up shower in it. Is it possible to fall in love with your room?

"I see that you like it.. well anyways I made plans for us. We're going to my friend Emma's house. She's having a small party today, only like 40 people are going and you're one of them." Abby tells me and before I can process what she just said, "okay be ready in 20 minutes, we're already late." With that she slams my door shut.

I guess I'm going to a party then.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Let me know what you think of the story so far. I promise it'll get better so please VOTE AND COMMENT!!

-Dee