Spoon Puts Down a Mutiny

Start from the beginning

Just having him in her arms was enough. Rey wondered how long they could get away with staying in this small apartment, in this small room, taking comfort in each other's embrace and enjoying the fact that their future together no longer had a time limit. She could explore two inches of skin for an hour, if she liked, and it wouldn't be a waste of time. They could kiss and touch and stay in that place of constant arousal for as long as they wanted, tipping each other back and forth over the edge.

There was no need to rush, no need to think about anything but his big hands on her back, his stomach against her thighs, and the intoxicating rush of pleasure hitting her brain as he mapped her neck with his lips and tongue. She stroked down his arms and over the back of his neck.

Ben took his time, teeth scraping softly along the tendon in her neck, following soft bites with kisses as she melted against him. She was wearing the dark blue shirt he had worn the day before, and it draped loosely over her narrow shoulders, smelling of them both. Pulling aside the collar he moved lower, licking along the delicate line of her collarbone to her shoulder as his hands braced against her shoulder blades.

Rey's body in his arms pushed back the lingering pain, made him whole again as warmth tingled out from her fingers, dancing along his nerves.

Moving his hands between them, Ben's fingers found the sash she had used to belt the too-large shirt around her waist, and began slowly working free the knot of it.
Rey let her head fall to the side, content with their respective endeavors. Ben was solid and warm against her, and she sensed the blunting of his pain, like bacta over a burn. He needed her right now, as much as she needed him.

Ben cast her sash aside and Rey didn't move to strip off the shirt. She liked the feeling of his hands stealing under it, the way the fabric moved against her skin around his questing hands.

Stroking slowly up the soft skin of her belly, Ben felt Rey's muscles flexing. His fingers stretched around her ribcage, playing slowly upwards until his hands found the curving underside of her small breasts. Her stomach was pressed against his own now, skin to skin, warming against each other as they both took their time.

Rey broke the kiss, pressing her forehead to his. She met his eyes, thumbs grazing his jawline. "I love you," she said, wanting him to hear it, even if he couldn't say it back. It was okay—she knew their feelings were a mirror. She didn't need to hear the words, not like she needed to say them.

His skin felt wonderful and warm against hers, and she wanted to stay there, his hands on her, their bodies half entwined. If she could have chosen a moment to freeze in amber, it might be this one.

She kissed him again, softly, and nuzzled her nose against his, nudging him fondly in a way she'd never considered before. She caught another kiss, smiling slowly as the soft snuggling of their faces together continued.

Her sweet affection caught him off guard, a new dynamic that was unfamiliar but not at all unpleasant. Somehow it soothed away the rough edges that still tugged at him, and he nuzzled her back, tentatively. He couldn't help a faint smile from tugging at his lips, answering the warm light that danced in her eyes. It was good to see her like this again, it had been too long.

He nipped at the corner of her mouth, eliciting a soft laugh from her that warmed his heart.

Rey buried her hands in his hair and kissed him, knocking him backwards on the bed in her enthusiasm. Suddenly, she wanted to explore his whole mouth, and she bent her attention to that goal. Her tongue stroked his, found the inside of his cheek, the line of his teeth. She focused on his upper lip for a long set of heartbeats before diving back into his mouth. She would never get enough of kissing him.