1- Awakening

Word Count: 784

Harry's POV

I blinked at the bright light above me. Turn it off. It's too bright. Beep. Beep. What's that noise? It doesn't sound like my alarm clock. I fully open my eyes as take in the scene around me. I'm.. in a hospital? Why? What's going on?

My mum and a doctor walk in the room. Hang on, there's something.. different about her.. she looks older..

"Mum?" I mumble.

"Harry! Oh Harry you're okay! Oh my baby.. you're okay." She says.

"Wh- What happened?" I ask.

Before she could answer, I suddenly realise something. The XFactor!

"Mum! The XFactor! I'm auditioning next week!" I say.

Mum looks confused and slightly sad.

All of a sudden, four boys I don't know walk into my room. One has soft brown straight hair with blue eyes, the next, blonde with blue eyes also, next in line, he has dark hair styled into a quiff with brown eyes and the last boy has similar hair to the blonde one, except this one has brown hair.. and brown eyes.

"Haz! You're awake!" The first boy says.

Haz? Who is he calling Haz? Me? How does he know me?

I stare at him in shock. What is he doing in my room? How does he know my name?

"Mum..." I say, "Who are these boys and what are they doing in here?"

"You were in a crash sweetie. The doctor said you have amnesia." Mum says.

"A crash? No way. I can't.. I only just learnt how to drive!" I say.

"Harry, what year is it?" The boy who called me Haz asks.

"2010."

"And how old are you?"

"I'm 16. This is ridiculous! Mum! Who are these people?" I shout.

"Harry, you are 19 and it is 2013." The blonde one says in an Irish accent.

That's it. I've never known anyone Irish. I cleary don't know these people, I'm obviously 16 and it's obviously 2010.

"This is ridiculous." I mumble.

My mum sighs and looks at the boys.

"The doctor said that you need to go home with them. You need to get back in to your daily routine. With them." My mum says.

"I can't just go home with four strangers! Are you crazy?" I shout.

"You have to trust us." The boy with the short-ish brown hair. "I'm Liam. Liam Payne."

"I'm Niall Horan." The blonde Irish one says.

"Zayn Malik." The dark- haired boy says.

"L- Louis Tomlinson." The last one says.

Liam.. Louis.. Niall.. Zayn.. These names sound familiar.. But I don't know.

"I'm Harry. Harry Styles." I say.

Hey, I may have amnesia but I still have my manners.

The boys smile and nod.

My mum grasps my hand.

"So, are you ready to go home with them?"

I nod.

"As long as I can call you when it's too much and you can pick me up?" I ask.

"It won't be that simple. I still live in Holmes Chapel. You live in London.." Mum nods at Louis, "With Louis. But we'll manage. Promise."

I nod and mum smiles at me.

"I'll go get the doctor. I'll see when you can go home."

My mum leaves the room and I look up at the boys.

"So... Tell me a bit about myself.. I'm curious now."

"You're in a band. World famous. It's called One Direction." Liam says.

"Woah. How?" I asked.

"We all auditioned for solo artists on the XFactor but none of us made it through.." Niall began.

"I didn't make it?" I pouted.

"..But Simon decided to put us all in a group. You came up with the title, One Direction." Niall continued.

"We came third." Zayn said.

"Third? Awesome!"

"We have released two albums. We're working on our third album. We've been on one tour last year and we're in the middle of a two-week break of our second tour." Liam explains.

"That's incredible..." I say.

"Yeah. We've got incredible fans and-"

Liam was cut off by his phone ringing.

"Oh. It's our Management. I have to take this." Liam states.

"Hello? Yes he does. Amnesia. Yes. N- Amnesia... Today? But he might not.. Okay. We can make it.. Bye." Liam says through the phone. "They said that they needed to meet with us. Today. Like, now."

Louis rubs my back and I sort of melt into his touch. There's something about this boy..

"Don't worry lad." Niall says.

"Just as well." My mum says, popping her head in, "The doctor said you can go today."

I say my goodbyes to my mum and the boys lead me downstairs, out the front doors, and before I know it, cameras are being shoved in my face.

AUTHORS NOTE
Hey hi [oops]! This is my first proper published fan fiction. Hope you enjoy. I'll try and update every day or two days. I promise.

Chapter question:

Do you think Harry will manage the overwhelming paparazzi and Management?

How long do you think it will take him to regain how memory?

Thanks for reading!

-1dfangirl100