ONE: Wedding (Adam Pitts/ Ryan Fletcher)

ONE

Sorry if there are spelling or grammar mistakes or like, if the words sound weird and stuff! Ohh, this is for @MRSLAWSON. Hope you like it haha x

____________________________________________________________

We were in our hotel room.

"All done." I felt Mum pin what I assumed was the last lock of curly brown hair to the top of my head with a bobby pin. I couldn't see her expression, but I could tell she was grinning from her voice. "You can look now, honey."

"Finally," I felt myself grinning too and put aside my phone, firing a quick 'ahh gtg mums done w my hair x' to Adam Pitts, my soon-to-be husband. (yes, of Lawson, if you're wondering!) I sat up properly in my chair and took a deep breath, my gaze fixed on the white fabric of my wedding dress covering my lap.

Slowly, I glanced up from beneath my eyelashes. The girl I saw staring back at me in my mirror wasn't what I expected. At all.

It's hard to explain, but that girl in the mirror didn't look like me. Not one bit. But at the same time, she did. It was kind of like an airbrushed version of myself. I gaped.

My long hair was loosely curled and done in a low, complicated twist thing, the curls falling out not in an unattractive way. My side bangs were beautifully braided and loosely pinned to the back as well, so it was out of my face. Tiny and medium-sized white flowers weaved in and out of my hair, contrasting greatly with my dark locks. I had on pale pink lipstick, a bit of eyeliner, mascara and blusher as I'd told Mum a week earlier that I wanted to keep my make-up as minimum as possible, and she agreed.

My wedding dress, however, was a whole different story; thin white straps and white flowers (similar to the ones in my hair) and tiny glass beads sewn onto the chest area. The skirt was a just a bit puffy and reached slightly below my knees. Oh, and I had on a pair of classic white heels.

"What do you think?"

I gaped. "MUM I LOVE YOU!!"

She laughed, her eyes getting a bit misty in the mirror. I stood up and hugged her tightly, careful not to wrinkle my dress in the process.

"I can't believe my beautiful little baby girl is getting married," she said, her voice breaking in emotion. I gave her a smile, tears welling up in my eyes too. Just as she was straightening a flower in my hair, there was a knock on the door, followed by the ringing of the doorbell. Mum went out of the room to answer it and came back after one minute.

"Hey. I need to head down to the lobby for a bit," she sighed, grimacing apologetically at me. "Some of the wedding people messed up some things and delivered a some stuff here instead of to the venue. You okay alone here?"

"I'll be a married woman in a few hours, Mum. I think I'll be fine," I winked and waved her off and she left.

I was just checking my phone to see if Ads had replied to my text yet (nope) when the doorbell rang.

That was quick, I thought while tidying the make-up things. To my astonishment, the doorbell rang again. I frowned and went to answer it. Mum probably forgot her spare room card. But then again, Mum almost always knocks; rarely using the doorbell.

I went over to the door and peeked into the peep hole.

Standing before me-okay, well, the door-was my best friend slash Lawson bassist, Ryan Fletcher, looking pretty fine in a tux. His face was shaven and his blondish hair looked damp and slightly tousled, like he'd just taken a shower. I immediately pulled open to door to let him in, unable to mask the bewilderment on my face. He stared at me.

"You look beautiful." he pulled me into a hug as soon as I let the door swing close. I thought his voice sounded a bit sad.

"Thanks, Rhino." I pulled away, kissing him on the cheek. Not that I wasn't glad to see him, but, why's he here? My stomach dropped suddenly. "Did something happen to Adam?"

"He's fine." Ryan said quietly. He looked away for a split second, biting his lip. When he looked back at me, his expression was unreadable. I wondered what was up. I went to grab us drinks and led him to the small dining table in the corner and we sat, him opposite me.

"So. Are you going to tell me what's up or am I going to have to wait until my relationship status changes for you to tell me?" I joked, sipping my Coke carefully so I didn't smudge my lip gloss.

He didn't even crack a smile. Instead, he kind of cringed.

"I- God, I'm just going to say it. Don't-Don't interrupt me or I'll just screw it all up and- Ugh." Ryan took a deep breath. I was beginning to get nervous, but I nodded anyway.

"Look, Beth. I am in love with you."

My eyes went wide.

Ryan ignored my expression and continued in a rush. "I've always liked you in that way. Nobody knew, not even Joel and Andy. Beth, you've been my best friend for years now, but since a long time ago I've been hoping for that to change, and for years I've been debating with myself whether to tell you this, but every time I get a change to tell you, I tell myself I just didn't want to risk messing up our friendship. And then when you and Adam became a thing, I just told myself to give up, because I didn't want to be that kind of guy who confesses his love for a girl who belongs to his best mate, so I tried to forget about you. I tried to make myself see you only as my best female friend and I tried to make myself like other girls, but at the end of the day, it always led back to you, but this morning in the shower, I decided that even if it's far too late, I just couldn't hide my feelings from you anymore."

He stopped talking, his face red, like mine.

I was frozen. My heart was pounding like mad in my ribcage as I tried to take it all in.

"I'm sorry," Ryan said, quickly pushing himself out of his chair. He looked at me, and there were actual tears in his eyes. "I'm sorry for I'm telling you this now. I- I just couldn't keep it to myself anymore."

I couldn't speak. I got up.

"I'll get going," his smile was sad. "I'm really happy for you and Adam."

My voice was hoarse. "Ryan-"

Before I could grab his arm to stop him, he'd already slipped out the door and was gone.

My phone beeped. The screen flashed a new text message from Adam. Can't wait to see you in your dress soon!! Love u xx

____________________________________________________________