I stared at the serum... something was telling me that it was to mind control (Y/n).

"It looks lethal." I breathed.

Mark only laughed,

"And isn't that exactly what we want, right?"

I suddenly felt a bit more than a pinch of sorrow for (Y/n).

Y/n P.O.V

"You will not fail me tomorrow."

"I will not fail you tomorrow, Francis."

He smiled,"Good."

Francis peered down to me, his eyes staring down at me like an eagle. He seemed to be happy. I felt pride.

"Go to sleep, (Y/n). You realise how much you will be need rest, don't you?" Francis asked.

"Of course. You said it might rip me apart if I'm not careful." I reply. I do not feel fear for tomorrow, only hope that Francis will find his daughter.

"Exactly. Sleep tight... oh and, here," he hands me a box. I take it from him.

"Use it on your inner arm before you sleep." He instructs, no hesitation. He never said anything else. He shut the door quietly and left.

I done exactly as I was instructed to. No other thought was processed in my mind. I changed, I got ready for bed and now the box.

I sat it down on the desk and opened the lid. I frowned at the sight of a glass syringe filled with purple liquid, the needle approximately two inches.

I took it out, examined. I didn't recognised the drug, I didn't know it's use. Yet, Francis had ordered me to use it on my arm, so I must use it. I laid my left arm out and pressed it all the way in. My thumb covered the top and I pressed. It hurt, but this was for Francis.

I winced as I felt the liquid pour inside of me. I ripped it out as soon as it was completed.

I sighed, placing my needle back into the box and leaving it alone. My arm felt a small burning sensation that trickled through my veins as I moved it around slowly. It will bruise by morning.

My next step is to fall asleep. I switch of the light, and crawl into my bed, hoping the pain of my arm will not distract me on my vital sleep.

It took me approximately twenty minuets to fall asleep.

I hope that Francis will be satisfied for today.

I hope that we will complete our mission tomorrow.

I hope we will find The Book soon.

Also, we will kill Mori, and I will be the reason for his demise.

And I will also be the one to kill Da-

"NO!"

My fluctuating chest woke me, shaking me awake in another world.

I was on a floor, but I concentrated on my breathing, on my diseased mind. I shut my eyes tight- what was I saying? Kill Dazai? Hope Francis is satisfied?

This was wrong. Why was I thinking like this? What had that devil done to me?

I grasper my head, trying to shake out the bad omens that lurked in my head. When I opened my eyes, I notice the floor was divided. Divided by black and white, a eternal room in which I had never seen before.