Cat and Mouse

In the words of one of my favorite authors: To all my dear readers, sorry about that last Cliffhanger; HAHAHAHAHAHAHA not really, but seriously I love you guys.

<O>                                                                     <O>                                                                                            <O>

   Y/N's POV:

  The second I got the text from my Uncle, I called a taxi service. I packed a backpack full of supplies, a left a note for my (Mother/Guardian) on the kitchen table.

I will be home soon, gone to find Bubba, love ya

-Y/N

I hear honking outside the house, so I know my ride is here. I walk out the door and immediately get in the taxi. I don't completely relax until my house was completely out of view.

I should probably explain why I am doing this. For the past few months, I  have been getting random text messages from a multitude of different numbers. They all had the same message, 'The Black Knight is coming."

I, of course, shrugged it off, and whenever I got one I printed it out and showed my guardian like you are supposed to do in these situations. Then, three weeks ago I received another message this time to state, "We are watching you, don't try to find us" with an emoticon of a javelin. I of course immediately try finding out who this Black Knight is and why I'm being tracked. I find a shady website after weeks of research. The Black Knight turns out to be a Mob Lord in the Black Market, who specializes in stolen technology. All their plans were right there on the site, where anyone could see it, and apparently, the second I logged in, they found me.

My crappy computer started to glitch out, and a video started to play, showing a dark figure hiding in the shadows.

"Hello, Y/N. I see your hacking abilities are more proficient than we assumed."

I took a breath to answer, but the video continued, " This is a recording, so we can't hear you. We just want to deliver a message. Your abilities could be very useful to us... as long as we use the proper incentive."

The screen lightened, and a figure was thrown into the light. That figure was my younger brother, 5 years my junior.

"Bubba!" I shrieked, " Why you B@sterD! When I get my hands-"

The video interrupted my rant. " We found the child on his way home from school. If you want your younger sibling back I would suggest you listen to our next words very carefully," the raspy voice paused, then continued, "Our entourage of hackers hasn't been able to get into a certain system, created by one much like yourself."

My confusion grew as the figure continued, " This system was created by the adolescent called Artemis Fowl, of which I'm sure you have heard of," a picture of the boy appeared on screen, and I instantly knew who they were talking about.

" We need you to hack into this system, a feat we are very confident you can achieve, and retrieve everything on his server related to the term LEP. If you are incapable of this, well..."

The camera zoomed in on my brother's neck, where a collar had been placed, with a timer counting down the seconds.

"you have less than 168 hours, so I would start as soon as possible. Or all you'll have returned to you of your brother would fit in a matchbox."

The video faded out, leaving my room silent and ominous.

"Black Knight, or whoever you were... you decided to mess with the wrong genius."

My mission was completed in 72 hours, yet they still had to make things complicated. The only Information I had been given was coordinates for a drop off point. I knew I would have to change how I looked, so I put in a pair of green contacts, and placed a pair of square frame glasses on my face. (If this is how you look normally, change it.) When I left the taxi at the train station, I looked twenty years older than I actually am. I walk as non-conspicuously as possible into the station and monitor my surroundings. My Sensai had taught me from a young age that observing your atmosphere and keeping alert kept you from being caught off guard. I noticed a pair sitting at a cafe' table. Normally I would have paid them no mind, but this pair struck me as being oddly placed. Both were men, but that wasn't the reason that was odd. One was way younger than the other and they both looked like they were waiting for someone. One glanced my way, but quickly looked away; a smirk on his face. I knew exactly who they were. I waited until a family with a child walked by, and I started following them away from the cafe', blending in with the crowd. As the pair disappeared, I thought, There seems to be a game of Cat and Mouse. One I have no intention of losing. I turned and started heading towards my destination. By the time you find me Fowl, you'll be too late. Your Move.