Chapter 7 Utopia

I wasn't even outside yet and I felt so Miss placed. I was sitting in the cab staring at the gorgeous white mansion that was guarded by huge metal barriers they call gates. The address Ashley gave me led me straight to rich people side of town. Which was so intimidating to think that I was going clean for some snobby rich folks. If I get the job. No stop it Kick.You are going to get this job. Stop telling yourself that you won't.

"Are you getting out of this car Miss because I have somewhere to go," the cab driver said.

I just realize I was in the cab more than five minutes. "Oh I'm so sorry."

I climbed out the cab and that's when I heard him complaining under his breath.
"Americans," he said with distaste.

He drove off leaving behind a cloud of dust which left me in fits of coughing. I was wearing a blue and white pants suit and black pumps. My hair was combed neatly in two cornrows. I walk up to the gates and started staring them up and down. They were really tall. Whatever they have in that house must cost a lot for this high defense security. With shaky fingers i press a button i assumed was something to ring whoever who was in the house that someone was out here. Suddenly a woman that looked around her late fifty's appeared on a screen.

"Sorry but we are not buying any girl scout cookies," the lady said the sweetest voice I've ever heard.

"No I'm not selling any cookies Mam I'm here for the job interview," i explained.

"Oh why didn't you say that."

Only thing i heard after that was a beeping sound before the gates flew open showing the gorgeous garden with the multiple of cars parked at the front of the driveway. Up close if possible, the mansion seemed bigger. I walked up to the front door and before my knuckles could come in contact with the wooden surface the door flew open displaying the lady I saw earlier on the monitor.

"hi come in," she steps aside so I could enter the lovely abode. Inside was more mind blowing. A huge crystal chandelier hung on the ceiling, two staircases led the what I assume the second flor of the house, floors looked so polish and new I cringed thinking about how dirty shoes were getting them. To put it in fewer words everything screamed RICH.

"