8.

Waking up the next morning was a struggle. (Y/N) awoke with crust around her eyes and feeling exceptionally disgusting. Hermione actually had to pull the girl out of bed before they were late to breakfast.

"(Y/N), we have got to go." Hermione stood in the doorway, watching her roommate finish getting ready.

"Just go without me if you're so worried to be late. Whats the big deal? It's just breakfast." (Y/N) finished brushing her hair.

"Harry had detention with Umbridge last night. I want to know what happened." Hermione shut the door as she spoke and leaned against it in feign anguish.

"I can tell you right now it wasn't good." (Y/N) put on her sweater.

"Why? Did you hear something?" Hermione asked.

"What? No. I'm afraid I was a little busy last night." (Y/N) came towards the door.

"I know." Hermione said, having seen (Y/N) have a talk with Fred and George about doing their experiments right there in the common room, "I think you did a proper job by the way. They really shouldn't be doing that on school grounds."

"Thanks. But I wasn't really talking about that." (Y/N) shrugged her book bag over her robes as the stepped down the stairs.

"Then what? Oh — oh. About you cutting me off last night and storming out of dinner?" Hermione guessed, her tone even more passive aggressive than normal.

"Yeah.. that. But that's not something I can talk about here. What I can talk about is that I'm pretty sure Dean Thomas asked me to hang out." (Y/N) said.

"That's wonderful, (Y/N). I am so happy for you." Hermione smiled and kept walking along.

"Me too. He said something about this weekend. To be honest, I proper drifted off while he was talking I was so-." (Y/N) said. "Hermione are you even listening?"

"Huh? Of course I am! I told you though we have got to move it." Hermione rushed down the moving stairs.

Eventually the two girls made it the Great Hall well before others did. It wasn't uncommon for most of the students to be late to breakfast as it was never even monitored.

Hermione sat across from Ron and Ginny. (Y/N) sat next to Hermione and across from Ginny.

"Good Morning." Ginny said, smiling at the two girls.

"Has Harry come down yet?" Hermione asked.

"Said he was going to send a letter." Ron said, chewing and reading through a cram study guide.

"How long ago?" Hermione asked.

"He got up early, dunno." Ron said.

"Well he should be back by now then, right?" Hermione practically squirmed in her chair.

"Dunno." Ron said staring into his packet.

"God, do you ever stop eating?" Hermione complained.

"I'm hungry." Ron looked up at her in disgust. That was when (Y/N) looked to the side to notice Harry Potter walking in. She elbowed Hermione to look.

"Harry." Hermione sighed in relief. Harry looked between his two best friends before asking:

"Can I join you?"

The two don't have much time to respond before loud voices can be heard outside.

"Pardon me, Professor, but what exactly are you insinuating?" Umbridge's shrill voice was heard. A lot of the Great Hall became quiet.