Chapter 3 - "if you like sandy beaches&blue ocean water"

The morning had come and gone. As soon as I had returned to Aunt Veronica’s house I had crashed out so fast that even a hurricane couldn’t have woken me up. I growled and laid under my covers as the sunlight impolitely came wading in through the closed curtains.

    After a while I gave up. Checking the time and seeing that it was only 12PM I cursed under my breathe and screamed “fuck.”

   I trudged downstairs nearly tripping over as more curses flew through my mouth. “Hey Aunt-“ I stopped when I saw Aunt Veronica in the living room meditating. “Okay…” I said as I turned on my heel and headed for the kitchen. I did not want to know the details.

   A glass of fresh orange juice and some horrendous cereal was what I downed for the sole reason that I was hungry. I should have bought some cornflakes with me.

“Aunt Veronica don’t you have any cake or something?” I asked, desperately trying to quench my hunger.

   “No!” Aunt Veronica practically screeched. Aunt Veronica also didn’t believe in keeping anything unhealthy in the house. I had no idea why, but I knew better than to ask. Lucky for me mum had packed some sugary sweets into my suitcase. “You know you should try meditating it really cleanses the soul…”

   “Right! Okay, well I have a busy busy day ahead so I should go and take a shower,” I proclaimed getting up so quickly that I nearly stumbled over…again. I groaned in pain.

   “Busy day?” She asked confused.

    “Yeah,” I said as I rushed upstairs to take a cold shower. I put on my denim top from yesterday, this time buttoning it up and a pair of pattered shorts. As well as that I put on an abundance of black eyeliner.

   “I’m going out Aunt V,” I called as I rushed out of the door before she could reply and bring me back.

   The ocean, the beach and what felt like a lifetime away from my parents. Stepping into the water felt like stepping into gold.

   Do you ever feel like objects of the earth are there just for you to feel better? I guess that’s why some people believe in objects. It’s easier to believe in the moon, stars and universe than it is to believe in something you don’t see.

    The ocean was my object. It flowed to my feet like a melody. The melody always changed yet stayed the same at the same time. The way the waves crashed into each other then spaced out, but they knew each other so well that they would always crash back together. The way the ocean kept hugging the shoreline. The way it made me feel…free.

  “Oh look it’s you again,” the guy called.

   The guy on the bike. The guy who called me babe.

   “Yeah, it’s me again,” I said, crossing my arms over my chest as I looked over at him.

   “Do you really have to do that? It’s not like you have any boobs,” he mentioned, smirking.

    “Dumbass! Most people use it to show that they don’t like someone. You know as a stand offish stance,” I said, frowning.

    “Looks like your trying to hide your boobs,” he said, shrugging.

     “Well, I’m not,” I said, stuck between letting my arms drop or not. I decided on just looking out of the ocean and ignoring the guy until he left.

   “You’re Harlow right?” He asked casually.

   “Yup! That would be me. Been stalking me have you?” I asked as I moved my brown hair out of my face.