Chapter 2

In the kingdom of Zelicien there were music, decorations,and human blood. King Darius is once again having a ball for the second time in five centuries.

"Father I don't understand your fascination with that peace of rock." The youngest son Vlad was not like his brothers and sisters he didn't enjoy the company of humans. Only think of them as walking and breathing food. He was tall standing 6 feet tall with dark brown hair that just made you want to touch it,a jaw sharp enough to cut stone. But the most beautiful feature of Vlad was his striking blue eyes. Eyes as blue as the ocean, eyes that held darkness.Vlad is the most cruel out of his sister and two brothers.

King Darius looked at his youngest son with sharp look. "How many times do I have to tell you that,that rock is a dragon egg" The Kong's voice was gentle but had a sharp tone in it.

"Yeah a egg that will never hatch. It probably turned to stone. I don't understand why I have to touch a stone that won't even hatch. Father you have to much hope in this egg."Vlad was upset. Instead of him making battle plans he is sitting in a room full of vampires that is only getting their hopes up on a stone.

"Dragon eggs do not turn to stone. They will not hatch until their soul bond is touching it."
King Darius was looking at his children who were out on the ball room flour talking.

"Pet come." Vlad voice was sharp,and threatening.

A girl no older than 20 walked to the cruel vampire.
Her blond hair went to her shoulder blades which was not kept. Her dress was decent looking.

Vlad pulled her toward him taking a bite out of her neck. "Ouch" the unknown girls voice was so soft that if Vlad didn't have supernatural hearing he wouldn't of heard it. He drank until he got his fill which in resulting the unknown girl to faint form blood lose.

"Weak" Vlad voice was cold, and full of disgusts.

King Darius looked at his youngest son with guilt. If only he was there fast enough his son would not be the way he was.

"Everyone today is my youngest son Vlad is finally 5 centuries"People started to applause. Some vampires out in the crowd there were Aristocrats vampires who had pets. Some pets had collars and some had leashes. "Five centuries ago I your King was able to get a dragon egg and not just any dragon egg but the Queen dragon egg." Some vampires were shocked to hear that the King has such a egg some vampires were only 4 centuries. The older vampires who were in the war knew about the egg and they wanted to sell it but the King was very persistent about keeping the egg. "A dragon egg will only hatch if their soul bond touches it." Three royals,the older siblings of Vlad all looked at their hand that had a burn mark outlining the dragon egg.

The dragon egg is so hot that when touched it would leave a mark that not even a vampire can fully heal from.

"Today my son Vlad will touch the dragon egg!!!"
Staff came out rolling a box with a black cover over it. They took off the black covering revealing a purple dragon egg. The egg was surround by thermal heat covers keeping the egg from burning the glass.

Vlad looked at it for the first time, it was mesmerizing. "Go on son." King Darius voice was fading out in Vlad ear as he walked toward the egg.

"Little brother the egg is hotter than it looks" The second oldest brother Vance was the playful brother. The brother that all the siblings could go to get a smile.

"I am sure it is brother. The mark on your hand tells me all I need to know."

The youngest son walked towards the fire hot egg. He signaled for the staff to take the case off.

Once it was off,the temperature in the room went up. Everybody was uncomfortable in the heat.

To Vlad it was the opposite. He was quite comfortable and he felt calm. He hasn't felt calm in a very long time.Not since the accident.

Vlad was finally in front of the egg. He was hesitant in touching the egg. The great general was hesitant in touching a useless egg,but now he know that that egg is more than alive.

The ballroom was deadly quite only hearing the harsh breathing of the guest.

Vlad reaches toward the egg. His skin was boiling. The pain unbearable,but he didn't want to look weak in front of people lower than him in status.

"You better be worth it you useless rock."his voice was so soft that not even the supernatural hearing could hear it.

Vlad thrusted his hand toward the hot rock.
The pain was something that he never experienced.

The it happened. The egg started to crack.
"F-f-father really wasn't crazy" Even in pain the youngest son was still able to talk.

The King speed towards his youngest son. Out of all his children the youngest got the dragon.

"My son has bonded WITH A DRAGON" The Kings voice was full of pried. He had pried in his son and he had pride in the egg that everyone thought wasn't going to hatch.

The ballroom guest was in a frenzy wanting now than every to get more acquainted with the Royals now that they had a dragon on their side.

Everyone stopped suddenly when they heard the soft growl come from the cracked egg.

A dragon has rised, and now its time for the dragons to take over the sky's once again.

Hey my 7 people that have read the first page. I am really nervous about the book but I will be updating every weekend or sometime in the weekday. I will try to post two pages each week. I want comments and people to like the book please.1,040 words I will try to go over the number of words each update.