First Rodeo

Chapter 22:

Reilly’s POV:

I groaned and sat up my head was killing me. The last thing I remember was playing go fish with jay. I looked over and Tom was waking up next to me. I looked around, we were in the bathroom. How in the hell did we end up in here? I heard a thunk a then a loud string of profanities. I got up and Tom and walked into the room. Jay had hit his head on the table getting up. Everyone was waking up now and we all seemed hung over.

“Well good morning to you all!” Taylor said as her and Nath walked into our room, or should I say Jay and Selvi’s room since we never left. She got multiple pillows threw at her.

“Hey. Just because you guys are in a bad mood doesn’t mean you have to be mean to my girlfriend.” Nathan said. We all got up and started to collect our clothes.

“Has anyone seen my pants?” I asked. No one replied and then I felt something hit my head. My pants. I pulled on my clothes and pulled Tom to our room. We climbed right back into bed to sleep the day away.

------------the next day--------------

I woke up and went over to Taylor and Nath’s room in my pj’s. I just walked in with my hand over my eyes.

“We are fully clothed.” Nath said and I peeked. Okay they were.

“It was so nice of you to knock.” Taylor said sarcastically.

“I know. I was just coming to make sure our barrel racing champ was up. We have to get you to registration and go get Belle.”

“Crap. Let me get dressed. Wake the others Nath tell them to be ready in half an hour. Meet in the lobby.” She said running to the bathroom. I went to my room and woke tom up. I was going for the full cowgirl look today. I pulled on my jeans with the bling on the pockets and put on a tank top. I grabbed my belt with jewels on it and put it on. I yanked my brown and blue cowboy boots on and put my cowboy hat over my semi curly hair. I walked into the room and tom already left to meet the others. I met Taylor in the hallway. She was wearing something similar to me but she was wearing a long sleeve blue plaid top and a black cowboy hat where mine was brown. We rushed to where the others were waiting. They stopped and looked at us.

“You cease to amaze me with your different sides.” Tom told me.

“You make it sound like I am bipolar or something.” I said and he laughed and we were off.  We got Belle and Taylor said bye to us as she went to register. I took the others to the stands so we could get good seats. They stuck out so much. Just then Taylor walked up.

“You guys stick out like a sore thumb.” She said and we both laughed.

“All good?” I asked her and pulled her down in front of me so I could pin her number on her shirt.

“Yepp. My dad is back there with Belle so we can relax until I need to go get ready.”

“You guys ever been to a rodeo before?” I asked and they all shook their heads no. they watched in amazement when they started. Up first was calf roping, then team roping and then bull riding. We sat there and then when bull riding came up Taylor and I stood up and cheered because Cam was up first. He did really good. Then Taylor had to leave for getting ready. I was chatting with the others when I heard the announcer say barrels were now getting started. We all focused our attention. Taylor was up last.

“And now our former Champ miss Taylor Wright!” he announced. We all watched as she flew around the barrels and then came home, defiantly making top score. “Wow, we lost this girl to the city a few years ago but it seems it hasn’t changed her one bit and she is still the winner we all know because she just made an amazing time of 17 seconds flat!”

“Whoo Taylor!” we all cheered.

“Holy crap Taylor! You could’ve given everyone a chance at least I joked with her when she came back we all gave her hugs.

A few hours later was awards and Taylor got a new saddle and a belt buckle. We all got our stuff together and went back to our hotel because tomorrow we had to leave. I packed all my stuff and laid on the bed. I was really sad that I am not going to see my family again for a while. Tom laid next to me and pulled me close. I was really glad I had someone like him in my life.

I woke up to Tom singing. I smiled. He was up and moving around the room.

“Good morning beautiful.” He said giving me a kiss. I looked at the time we had three hours until we had to catch our plane and I got one to spend with my family. So Tom and I were going to my house and Tay and Nath her house. The others were going to stay here and wait. I pulled on a striped playsuit and some blue TOMS. I put my hair a messy side braid and put on a little makeup. I walked out and Tom grabbed my hand and we left.

We were just about to leave and my mom offered to take us to the airport. Taylor said goodbye to her parents at home and drove everyone else.

“Bye baby girl I’m going to miss you. Call me a soon as you land.”

“I am going to miss you too mom. And I will. I love you.”

“Love you too. Now Tom you better take care of my girl or else.” She said giving him a hug waving at us as we walked off. I felt a tear run down my cheek and I wiped it away before anyone could see but tom already had. He pulled me into a hug. I realized I never knew how homesick I was until I was actually home. But now we are boarding our flight to my new home.