“Michael, who was suspected to be of higher status than archangel, and who had been called ‘the chief or princes’ or ‘the prince’ and various scriptures, was the leader of god’s army against the fight of Lucifer and his troops. Gabriel, Raphael, and he all stood tall to defend Heaven, slicing down their former brothers and sisters that dared to betray them and God. They were three angels who were truly devoted o their God and were not swayed or tempted to join Lucifer in the slightest. They stood as the warrior and great defender, messenger and judgment, and divine healer to defend their land.”

Kali began losing attention in the subject once more. The students around her had stopped their hushed whispers and listened intently, akin to prairie dogs, once the topic had drifted to battles, fighting, and bloodshed. She tried to escape her reality and leave into her daydream once more, but it had been shattered. She began half-heartedly listening to the lesson; shortly into her attempt to pay attention, her mind wandered once more. She began to drift off, her dreams shifting towards angels and their existence.

Is that what I’d be considered to be? She thought to herself. An angel? Laughable, she thought, dismissing her thoughts. She continued to attempt paying attention to the lesson, but her wandering imagination refused to allow her to. Her mind deserted her completely, fuelling fantasy dreams of angelic realms with the myth Mr. Graven was lecturing. 

“War had continued on for years; angels slaughtered or converted to Lucifer’s side. It seemed God was on the losing side, Lucifer having either a power or angel on his side that neither God nor the archangels could stop…”

The blonde male angel stared in astonishment as the blade drew closer to his neck. His attempts were too slow and weak to even attempt to stop or even slightly sway the blade from its course. The blade met his neck, and blood splattered across the face of his attacker. The blade sliced cleanly through his neck, severing his spinal chord and sending his head flying. The look of shock was forever frozen on his face. His attacker grabbed the cloak from around the stump on his shoulders and wiped the blood and grime from her face. Her eyes opened, and icy blue eyes stared into Kali’s own. Kali stood, staring at her evil reflection, but it had not indicated it knew of her existence. She continued to watch herself as she quickly disposed of angel after angel, fighting with the speed and precision of a deadly assassin.

It was believed that as soon as Lucifer and his angels were about to render God’s highest angel, Michael, and overthrow God, an unpredicted event occurred to Lucifer’s highest warrior.”

“You’ve betrayed me, sister! May your path be proven to be paved differently,” she heard as she fell. The wind rustled past, howling in her ears as she endured the fall she knew from previous experience to last seven days. The speed of her fall forcefully ripped her wings up, slowly tearing out feathers and flattening the joints against her back. Small droplets of blood began to appear in the air as she fell, bleeding from her feather wounds. Her left wing hurt immensely, and she could feel the sticky heat of blood coating the wing and the left side of her torso, including her shoulder. Her hair whipped out in front of her as she fell, whipping across her face and leaving small lacerations across her arms and neck.

The seven days had dragged across at a snails pace. She continued to fall. The end of the seventh day drew closer. She began hearing the sounds that indicated earth was below her. The surprised squawking of birds echoed all around her as her body plowed into the branches of thick redwoods. More feathers were ripped harshly from her wings. She saw silver start floating above her as she continued to hit the trees below. Her wings slowly began disappearing, and her body soon began to follow as the distance between her and the ground grew smaller and smaller.

Her body, or what was left of it, hit the ground and disappeared into silver dust. A small babe lay where her body had hit. It looked around in awe, her wide, angelic eyes open wide. Her little tuft of inky hair soon got tangled with sticks, seeing as the babe looked in every direction to take in the new sights. The babe’s body slowly disappeared; it reappeared on the stairs of a house not far from where she originally lay.

“It was said that God and his army won the war against Lucifer and his fallen angels. Though no one knows how the war itself was won, nor was it stated in any biblical scriptures, the conclusion was clear. Lucifer was forced back into Hell as the servant and angel of Satan, as well as Lucifer’s troops.”

Lucifer let out a bellowing yell of defeat. He charged at God and Michael, his vision clouded in red. Wildly, he swung his sword. It hit no target as he continued to carelessly swing it in anger. The Fallen stared at Lucifer, and searched around for his warrior. She was nowhere to be found. Their fears escalated, and their movements became jerkier and less calculated.

Lucifer continued slashing wildly, but his move grew more steady and calculated. “I swear my revenge on thee, God. I will await her return, and I will strike. She will return to me, and I will take control, as it should be.” Lucifer threw himself forward in a lunge, catching God across his stomach in a shallow graze. God sliced his sword towards Lucifer, and caught him diagonally across the chest. Michael attacked from Lucifer’s left side, and together, they brought him down.

“You will leave my kingdom,” God bellowed. “You and your demons.”

“What demons? I see no demons here. I see your children that you exiled. The demons have stayed behind. It is not their fight,” Lucifer snarkily replied.

“Thou shall leave my kingdom of heaven, and shall not return. If you return, my angels will slaughter you and your kind on sight.” With that being said, Lucifer and his Fallen were rounded together and forced to leave Heaven to return to Hell.

“Lucifer fought many battles against God since this fateful day. No more wars were fought and bloodbath was avoided for the most part. Many believe Lucifer is biding his time, waiting for something to return to him. No clue has ever been found to determine what he may be truly waiting for, but once it falls back into his hand, the apocalypse will begin.”

Mr. Graven dismissed the class with a goofy smile and a cheery, “See you tomorrow! A lovely advice of parting: don’t do anything I wouldn’t do! Though that doesn’t apply to much!”  He let out a chuckle as the last of his class left and spun around, performing a sort of dance move. His happy face dropped as confusion filled his features. There sat Kali, unmoving. She did not even acknowledge any of the living or inanimate things around her. He sat gingerly next to her. Still, she did not move.

He reached out and softly touched her shoulder. “Kali, are you alright?” Her gaze swiveled to his, a malicious, hollow, sadistic look shining in her eyes. The cold glare met his and his heartstrings were sliced apart by razors. He tentatively removed his hand. Her eyes cleared, a look of confusion replacing the evil gleams.  

“Is it time to go?” Kali asked. Blake’s eyes met hers, showing the look a scared kitten might possess. “Mr. Graven, are you okay? You look terrified.” Blake nodded his head slowly and took a step back. Kali slightly turned her head to the side, trying to determine what could have scared her teacher and best friend. He stayed silent, still staring at her with a weary gaze. “Are you alright? Did I do something?”

“You should head to class,” Blake finally uttered. “You’re five minutes late. I’ll write you a note.” He hurriedly scribbled a note to the Algebra II teacher and shoved it in her hands. She stared at the note in confusion, noting that it didn’t hold his usual witty humor or creative sarcasm. She shot a worried glance at him before slowly walking out of the door.