51 - Choosing Path

Erick's POV

Bella holds my face so close to hers that I don't know if it's my tears or hers on my cheeks right now, but it's rolling down. I wish I can say something to my child, the one I don't know about until just now, but before I can say my last words, my eyes forced themselves to shut. And suddenly I can feel nothing. No stabbing pain in my chest, no choking on my own blood, no struggling for air. 

I wake up in my room in our band's house. I can hear the noises downstairs. Just like how it was everyday. "What is it today?" I asked as I walked down the stairs. I lived with this guys for years, but everyday is still a surprise. 

In the living room I find Chris and Richard wrestling with each other on the floor, probably fighting for the TV controller. Joel and Zabdiel laughing their heart out on the couch, cheering on the two to fight harder. 

Then I heard giggling coming from the kitchen. So that's where the girls are. I guess they're baking something for us. Bella smiles at me, before she turns around and grabbed something behind her. 

She came to me with a plate of waffles on her right hand, and a glass of juice in her left hand. "Good morning." She said as she hands those things to me and kissed my cheek. 

I put the plate and the glass down so that I can grab her before she returns to the kitchen. I kiss her neck from the back, that's when my hand touches her baby bump. My baby. 

"How much longer does Daddy have to wait to see this little fighter?" I stroke her bump. 

Bella turned around, and cupped my face. "3 months, daddy. But you won't be the one struggling to get this little one out so don't get too excited, okay?" She pinched me on my cheeks. 

"Just cut it out and go have a date outside, guys

"Just cut it out and go have a date outside, guys. I'm so done with this daily dose of Bellerick." Joel cringes. 

I thought having a girlfriend would make him stop cringing about us. "That sounds good. Let's go out. But before that," I kissed Bella's lips and made sure we let out the best smooching sound. 

I can feel a cushion hitting me. It's from Joel. "Get. Out." He pause in between words, widening his eyes on us.

We walked to the park, I'm holding Bella's hand tightly in mine. I can't believe out of us five I'd be the first one to have my own family. We sat on a bench, watching over some kids playing on the playground.

"Are you ready for that?" Bella nod her head on a kid who's having a tantrum, with his parents trying to console him. "I don't even think his parents were ready for that." I laughed.

This life is so beautiful it felt so real. Until the time gets slower, and Camila came. "Have you forgot about me?" She asked. "What are you doing here, Cami?" I stood up.

Cami reached for my hands. Unlike the other times, now we can touch each other. "You're going to be a dad, huh?" She looks over my shoulder. "What about our baby?"

She's trying to make me feel guilty again. "Cami, stop." I ran my hands in my hair, frustrated by her act. "Maybe I should just take you back so that you'll remember." She said before she kissed me.

When she pulled away we were at the bar. Where we first met. The first time we talked I already know I'm going to date her. Suddenly all the feelings I used to have for her came back. Like I'm falling for her over again.

All memories flashing through me. Our first kiss, my first gig with the band and she was there looking at me so proud like I've won a Grammy. The time when she called me, crying because her aunt was being mean so I rushed to her house and take her to my band's house. She was so happy when my bandmates start cracking some jokes up. 

And then the bad ones came through. When she came out to me about her being pregnant, the night when she found me kissing with someone else. Lastly, the motel. She was crying alone, holding the medicine bottle in her hand. 

"Cami, please!" I turned my head and cry on her shoulder. "I don't want to see that, please." I pleaded. 

She took me back to the park, under a tree, a few feets away from the bench I was sitting with Bella. "Do you love me?" She asked, she put my hands down and took a few steps back, making a distance between us. 

I nod my head, tears still streaming on my face. How could she does this to me. "I do. I regret every single day of my life for your death. I might have found a new love, but that doesn't mean I've erased you from my mind." I cried out. 

She lend me her smile. "So, what if you come with me? With your first love? Just leave them all behind, Erick. No one can hurt you anymore." She let out her hand for me to reach. 

I almost take that hand, but Bella's voice played in my mind, telling me to look over to my back. Bella is still there smiling at me. While Cami here asking me to come with her. Now I have to choose. "Make your decision, my love." I hear Cami said. 

Just now I just saw what my life would be with Bella. It's the best life I could ever imagine. Cami isn't even real. She's dead. If I go with her I'd be dead too. "I love Bella and my child, Cami. And unlike you, they are still alive." I answered as I walk away from her, approaching Bella. I've promised that I won't leave her. I have to keep it. Plus it's not just me and her now. We're going to have a child. 

As I got closer the light gets brighter it's almost blinding. I close my eyes, only to open it again and find myself stared by one face that I don't know I'm glad to see again, or maybe I should just get back to sleep. Just kidding, I'm glad I still can see this one. 

"You're awake!" Chris screams on my face, slapping me with his hand repeatedly. If I wasn't feeling this weak I would've sit up and punch his face. "You're awake for real!!!" He adds before his face escaped my sight. Still can hear his footsteps running in the room. "Guys, Erick!! Bella wake up, your boyfriend is alive!!!" Good, he's telling the whole world about it. 

Do we need another chapter? We do, don't we? I'd love to write another chapter (the last one, perhaps) And yeayyy, he's alive. Erick survived 🎉