Chapter 5

The entire post office is empty except for me and Ressler, he walks into my office and sets a box on the table next to the window, we talk for a while , about what happened during the day, then I am finally done with it, I let out a laugh. "I don't even know what I am doing here"

"What you're doing here, is celebrating your birthday, with me" he takes out a bunch of boxes out of the big one and places them in front of me

"What did you do?" I ask with a laugh.

"See, I called the restaurant, thought I'd send you and your friends a bottle of wine, except there wasn't a reservation so I figured if you weren't going to Wingyee, I would bring Wingyee to you"

I stand there, astonished, I look at Ressler, and every painful and stressful thought fades into thin air, I take out the bottle that Reddington gave me with a couple of cups.

"Oh, look at you!" he exclaims unveiling the most beautiful smile.

"I've been saving this for a special occasion"I say, and he smiles, "Well, I'm honored." I just go ahead and kiss him, and he doesn't push me but he kisses back, we stand there that way for a moment, then our foreheads meet "This is the best birthday present, Donald,"

He looks into my eyes, "My pleasure."

.........

I raise my heels off the ground, and I touch his lips with mine, then, I snatch myself away as if I were electrocuted. I look into his eyes, he is surprised. His eyes are wide open, his breath hitches. "What-why did you do that?"

"Just felt right" I lean in and kiss him again, then I press my forehead against his. "I've missed you Elizabeth." He closes his eyes, clearly enjoying the intimacy between us. "Don't worry, I didn't tell Reddington about us."

I giggle and wrap my arms around his neck.

"Lizzie? Did you happen to see where you were taken in your mem-" Speak of the devil "Donald, Elizabeth, do you have something you want to share with the class?"

I look at Donald then back to Reddington "No we are good, and no, it was too dark and I couldn't make out where I was." He nods, then leaves the room. Donald watches him until he's sure Red can't see us, then he comes back to my side. I wrap my arms around Donald's neck again. "I'm so relieved you remember me now. "

" Yeah me too"

.............

Donald and I enter the warehouse where Reddington is staying. I hear two familiar voices, one belongs to Reddington, and the other... Oh God.. I freeze..

..............

Donald Ressler's POV

"are you okay Liz?" I ask her. She is immobile, nailed into her position, looking nowhere. "Elizabeth." she snaps out of her haze and looks at me.

"he threw me across the room, we fought, he almost killed me"

What! What is she talking about. "who, Elizabeth who are you talking about?"

"Him."

She points across the room, and I turn around to see him.

"What the hell are you doing here" I ask him, then I look at Reddington "what the hell is he doing here"

She grabs my hand, and I feel hers trembling "Donald, please, let's get out of here." she is whispering, and I feel the fear in her voice. I turn to her and put a hand around her, and as I am leading her outside, he yells.

"Elizabeth wait, please, I need to talk to you"

I tighten my grip on her, and I take her outside to my car. And we drive to my apartment.

...........

"I remembered it, all of it, the moment I heard his voice, everything came flushing, all up to the day of the kidnapping"

"That's.. That's awesome, Liz, that's great, we should tell Reddington, and Cooper."

"No, don't tell Reddington, first I need to know what the hell was that bastard doing with him. I am done, with Reddington, with his agenda, with being in trouble because of him, I am done with it all, and you know what, I don't care what he does to me. I just want out. "

"It is your call Lizzy, whatever you want"

I look at her, and she looks back, "I love you" she says through a smile.

"I love you too."

..............

"Lizzie hear me out" Reddington says, they have been fighting for a while now.

"there is nothing to hear Reddington, you know what that bastard did, and still he was standing here, talking to you"

"Lizzy, I can explain"

"No need to, not anymore, why did you even come into my life, the moment you stepped foot in it you ruined it, and that ruined me in the crossfire, you know what, I am done with you, with your games, I don't want to see your face again, no more deals, no more blacklist, no more talk. "

Elizabeth walks out of the room, and Reddington turns to me "talk to her" he says.

"it is none of my business, she made her.." I hear Elizabeth scream my name, and we all run to her, there she is, standing, her hands are extended in front of her, and at their end is a gun, pointed at the outside of the door "Get the HELL away from me" she says through grit teeth.