We Three (My Echo, My Shadow and Me)

"Hey, shouldn't Claudia be on by now?" Nathan asked Lucas in Karen's Cafe. It's the earlier nineteen forties. 

"Let's give her a minute." Lucas replied as Nathan poured a drink- he was just the bartender. Meanwhile, Claudia was in her dressing room pining up her blonde curly hair, her hair is blonde in the dream not black like it is in real life, bits were falling out at the front. 

"that we will not only defend ourselves to the stttermo, but will make it very certain that this form of treachery shall never again endanger us. Hostilities exist..." The Television said and Claudia listened as she applied bright red lipstick.

"Yes, they do." Dan smirked as he walked in, Claudia turned around to face him on her chair.

"What are you doing here?" Claudia asked Dan, she was trying not to be scared but she was. Dan was a dangerous man.

"Oh, I'm just checking up on my singer." Dan added as he walked closer to her, Claudia stood up and walked back a little. Further away from Dan. 

"I'm not your anything." Claudia spat angrily.

"Is that any way to speak to the man who gave you everything? set you up in his club? Saved you from being in a traveling sideshow? and yet you leave the comet club for Karen's café. I want you back." Dan protested before he kissed Claudia. Claudia pushed him away angrily. "Oh, still feisty. I like that." Dan teased and Claudia's blood was boiling.

"Listen, mister, if you think I'm going back to that hellhole, you've got another thing coming." Claudia stated angrily and Dan raised his eyebrow.

"Hellhole, is it?" He asked and Claudia nodded her head, she was sure of it.

"Yes, hellhole." Claudia answered honestly.

"The classiest joint within 100 miles, and you know it." Dan replied getting more and more angry. Claudia was not cowering, she was going to stand up for herself. She was an independent women who cowered to no man. Hell hath no fury like a women who was told to follow the men because she was inferior. 

"Classy? Classy, my foot." Claudia exclaimed angrily.

"Who do you think you are? Dorothy Dandridge?" Dan asked rhetorically and Claudia scoffed.

"Those good old boys never cared about my voice long as they could see my legs and my chest hiked up to my ears. I'll never go back, and that's final." Claudia stated sternly, she wasn't an object she was a singer. She wanted to recognised as a singer and not for her legs or chest.

"You know what? I decide what's final!" Dan shouted and Claudia scoffed as she turned away from him. "Oh, so that's what it's like?" Dan asked and Claudia rolled her eyes.

"You are ... ugh!" Claudia shouted frustrated, she couldn't the right word to describe him. "One of these days, someone's gonna stand up to you, Dan Scott, and I, for one, can't wait." Claudia explained before she applied so more lipstick.

"Sing me something sweet tonight, doll. I'll be watching. Break a leg." Dan teased as he belittled Claudia. Claudia walked out of the room and to the wings of the stage.

"Ladies and gentlemen, it is my greatest pleasure to bring to this stage for your entertainment ... only at Karen's café ... Miss Claudia Stone." The man announced and Claudia walked onto the stage with glee. Music filled the void temporally, she was looking for a men to fill it forever.

"Good evening." Claudia exclaimed as she stood beside the microphone, she could feel the bartenders eyes on her, she has never spoke to him but she did find him very attractive. Men wolfwhistled and Claudia playfully winked at them. "I know a little place in Carolina it's open year-round but only after dark so bring your gal and bring your wine unwind from your day gee, don't you know that you're in for a show when you go down to Karen's café? I've been up, down, all around lookin' for a place to spend my nights. I don't wanna give it away. I, I don't want everybody crowdin' up my space but I believe in sharin' when you find...* Claudia sang as she danced a little around the stage.