"We're not helping anyone standing around here."

(HERE COMES THE *is kicked* well guess youll just have to find out my lovelies <3 (yes i took quotes from the game here))

Just as you were about to board the boat, Nick stopped you. 

"(Y/n), we...we need to talk for a minute. This is really personal."

 Your heart started to race. Had you done something wrong? Was this about killing the High Confessor? Your mind spun in circles. 

"Of course Nick. Anything." 

"Youve been a really good friend to me (y/n), so I personally believe I can trust you with this. Theres one last bit of 'Nick Valentine' memories I'd like to close out. Remember how I told you about some of the history between Nick and Eddie Winter? Well  I've been putting together a file on this one for a while now. There's a pair of holotapes in here worth listening to... ..including one of Winter's that I managed to snatch from the Cambridge Police evidence lock-up before getting swarmed by Ferals.  I just need to find the other nine and bring 'em to me."

"Well that seems easy enough. Probably easier than anything else we've done." You chuckled, feeling relieved. "Anything to help me out on this?" 

"On my way out the door, I spotted an active evidence terminal. I'll bet my hat that terminal is the key to finding the rest of the tapes. Probably worth revisiting any police departments you may have stumbled across in your travels, as well."

You thought for a minute. Other police departments. Before you had rescued Nick you had found some! "Ones like these?" you handed him three tapes as he looked them over.

"Yes! Just like those!" This was the most excited you'd probably ever seen Nick about something. This obviously was really important to him. 

"Well Lets get back then!" 

-As you checked your map to find the other departments, you tagged them. You bopth boarded the boat, and after what seemed like forever, you made it back to the Commonwealth. You spoke with the Nakano's who were elated to have their daughter home as you clamed your reward. After a quick visit to tell Ellie the case had been solved, you finally headed out to get those taped. Each battle to get the tapes were a little different, but you had found them.-

"Hey Nick." 

"WHat do ya have for me (y/n)? Perhaps a pocketful of old tapes belonging to a 200 year old ghoul?"

"Mayyyyybe-"

Nick laughed "Hand 'em over doll." 

You handed him the tapes as he ran them through his processor. 

"Well, that's some real solid detective work...that old toad has himself holed up in Andrew station."

"Hey I cleared out the raiders there a while back!"

"Let's not keep Eddie waiting."

You bolted off in the direction of the station, which was only about five or so minutes away from your current position. Once inside, the old halls of the subway station echoed. Nick was focused. Quiet...distant...you worried slightly, but figured that since this was the last thing he needed to do to be somewhat at ease, that it was something to focus on. As you nailed the remaining raiders, you followed up a hollowed passage to a metal door with a keypad. 

"That old toad is holed up on the other side of this door. Why dont you do the honors?" 

"With pleasure Nick." You typed in the key code from the tapes, punching in the numbers. 

You heard the ghouls voice just on the other side. 

"Tha Fuck?" 

You grinned, ready to see this bastard get what was coming to him. You strolled in.