[Day 4: Headcanon]

~3rd Person PoV~

As the redhead was running through the hallways of Lysandre Labs, she tripped on the slippery newly glossed floor. She whined in pain, her chin being the one what hit the floor first. But that didn't let her give up.

"Alain!!! Wait!!!" Mairin yelled to the trainer, who was about to leave the facility.

"What?!??" He yelled-asked her, shifting his gaze over to the standing up trainer.

"Where are you going? Why are you leaving?" Mairin asked him, tears forming in her eyes.

"It's none of your business..." Alain answered, now going back to where he was heading. But he didn't know that someone had grabbed his hand.

Mairin grabbed one of his hands, making him stop walking and faced her. "After what we've been through... You're just gonna leave me and Chespie here?" She asked him, tears in her eyes threatening to fall, but gave up. She then started to sob, making her think that someone was going to leave him behind again.

"Mairin..." Alain's voice started to soften up, knowing the current situation the redhead is in. He approached the female who just fell onto her knees. The redhead covered her crying face with her small hands, trying to keep the tears unseen.  He then patted her head, trying to comfort her.

"I t-thought you w-were gonna leave?" Mairin asked the male in front of her, her sobbing interrupted.

"Mairin..." Alain was barely speechless. He didn't know what to do, nor what to say. 

Mairin then removed her hands from her face, showing her furious face to him. He was rather... Surprised and shocked. It was the first time she'd gotten this mad, sure he saw her being angry when he left her in pokécenters, but this was rare. Her face showed many emotions. Anger, rage, sadness, disappointment, loneliness, and other negative ones. This wasn't the outgoing, cheerful, happy Mairin he knew.

"What?!?? Are gonna leave, or no?!??" She yelled at him. Mairin just lost it. She was just too used on being left behind. She just needed someone to stay by her side...

Alain was shocked by her sudden outburst. He never saw this side of Mairin. He always knew Mairin was the positive one of the two of them. He did know why he was leaving. He was given a task to get research about mega evolution as much as he could for Lysandre, as the guy said that the mega evolution energy he'll be able to gather is for the cure for Chespie. But he didn't know the true intentions of Lysandre.

He just let go of Mairin's head and sat on the nearest couch. He had to make this decision: Go and leave Mairin behind, or this other choice he didn't dare ask her.

Meanwhile, Mairin just kept on crying her sadness away. She just tried to forget the people who left her, but she couldn't. The memories of them leaving stayed in her mind, haunting her.

Alain just couldn't help himself but to ask her this...

"Mairin?" Alain called her, walking towards her and kneeling down to her height.

"What?" Mairin asked him in a stern manner, seriousness in her tone.

"How about you come with me?" He asked her. The redhead then wiped her tears away with her hands.

"What do you mean?" She asked him, still a bit mad from earlier.

"I mean, you can join me to gather mega evolution energy to help Chespie..." He answered. Alain was still uneasy with this choice he made.

"Help Chespie?" Her eyes then lightened up. She would do anything just to help her partner, who's in a coma from the incident from before. "Really? We can help Chespie?"

Alain answered my nodding, while Mairin gasped, knowing that there was a way to help her pokémon.

She thought about it for a while. She wanted to help her pokémon, but that would make her leave him behind. She didn't want to leave Chespie behind. She thought it thoroughly, and finally got her answer.

"If it's to help Chespie, then I'll come with you!" Mairin declared as she stood up from where she previously knelt and cried. She wanted to stay with her Chespin and watch over him to at least let Lysandre's workers to rest, but she couldn't just stay and sit around while her pokémon was in a come. She wanted to do something that could somewhat help Chespie and wake him up from his slumber, that no one knows when he'll wake up.

"Are you sure?" Alain asked her, concern filling his voice. He wanted to make sure she was sure with her choice that she'll come with him, despite how dangerous it will be for them.

Mairin answered his question with a powerful nod, that possible made her a bit dizzy due to the amount of force she let out. "Y-yeah!!! I'll do anything just to help Chespie!!!" She said, her hand supporting her dizzy head from the nod she did earlier. "Even if life pulls me into danger!!!"

Alain nearly sweatdropped by her mention of even if life pulls her into danger. 'She couldn't even take care of herself! She can't even prevent herself from tripping everyday!!!'   He just sighed at the thought that maybe, just  maybe, someday, she'll be able to take care of herself and stop tripping on rocks.

"Okay... If you say so..." Alain said. "We're leaving by tomorrow."

Mairin nodded in agreement in the time of their departure from the lab.

And then they slept for the night. Mairin slept beside Chespie, to insure her partner's safety, while Alain just slept in a room that Lysandre provided him.

~Next morning~

The two woke up in their respective rooms and got ready for the day. It didn't take Alain too long for him to get ready, so he was able to go to the canteen quite shortly. But for Mairin, in the other hand, had problems. 

One, she woke up a bit late. Two, she slipped when she got inside the bathroom. Three, she hit her head on the bathroom tiles when she slipped. Four, she needed to aid her head that hurt from the sudden impact. Five, she got some shampoo in her eye while washing her hair. Six, she kept on tripping while putting her clothes on. Seven, she nearly forgot to brush her hair. Eight, she almost forgot her own bag. Nine, she nearly bumped into one of Lysandre's workers. And lastly, ten, she tripped and fell off the stairs.

"Why is life doing this to me???" Mairin whined as she tried to stand up, but failed and landed butt first.

Alain just watched her trying to stand up in amazement. He still could believe how she was able to survive with that clumsiness of hers. He then sighed that she was able to walk again.

Mairin then approached him, ready to eat breakfast and start the day.

After a few minutes, and eating, they were finally done and ready to go.

"Bye Lysandre!!!" Mairin said to the orange haired guy by the main door as she waved at him. (Tbh... I planned to write "Pyroar guy" at that part... But meh...)

"Farewell, Lysandre." Alain said to the same professor.

"Farewell now, Alain and Mairin. Safe travels to the both of you." Lysandre said as he waved back to the two young trainers leaving.

When the two were finally out of sight, Lysandre then entered the building again, a smirk forming on his lips.

"Someday... I will rule over Kalos..."

_____________________

(A/n)

THERE YAH HAVE IT GUYS!!!~

I sure do hope this was canon, having Mairin join Alain in his journey. There was this other headcanon I thought of... Like Alain and Mairin met Ash and the others first, not having Alain meet Lysandre and help him with his evil deeds... Hissssssssssssssss...

I do remember that PRB12 mentioned in one of his old videos about Alain that he was actually planned to travel with Ash in the first place, but instead made the Mega Evolution Special/The Strongest Mega Evolution Acts... Well at least Alain and Mairin met, that's all what matters~ >:3

Anyways... I do hope you liked this chapter... Bye!!!~ (And I'm still sorry for the delays... T^T)