Chapter 17

~Y/N POV~

I was waiting underneath the deck tied up...and waiting...and a bit more waiting... and then it happened.

Thud

I allowed my hopes to climb up and began to expect a somebody, anybody, to come down and untie me. At this point, I would marry the person who'd save me.

My hopes were relieved when footsteps began to descend to where I was. And almost immediately, they fell.

Hailt

My stomach started to turn, just as my thoughts started to run.

Why am I so disappointed with Hailt showing up? Who was I expecting?

Hailt looked messy like he had actually been fighting. He untied me and hugged me. And then did something...

"Y/N, I know you don't love me, or at least not in the way I love you. I want you to be happy, even if it is with someone that I can't properly respect. Please, be happy."

I felt soft tears fall. I hugged him, "Thank you."

I travelled up the deck faster than I knew was possible, and gasped.

The scene before me was a disaster. Snotlout, the Twins, Fishlegs, and Astrid were there...and Hiccup was lying on the ground.

I ran over. I held him in my arms.

"Hiccup, are you okay?" My mind went to the worst case possible and I started to sob.

AND THEN HE BLOODY LAUGHED

"HICCUP! WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING?"

"You have an ugly cry face, yet still look adorable."

I felt my face go as red as Stoick's hair.

"uGHH. But really, are you okay?"

"Um, yea...You were taking a long time, so I was going to take a nap."

"...."

"What?"

I dropped him and started to walk off the ship.

He followed suit and grabbed my wrist lightly. I turned around, eyes still a bit red and nose running. Hiccup brought me close and wiped my tears away. He hugged me close and brushed down my hair.

"I was so worried about you." He said as he let out a long-held sigh.

"Stop being so sullen."

"Whatever idiot."

I hummed in response. I felt him start to pull away.

"You should go back to Hailt. I love you, but I want you to be happy. Be with him."

I rolled my eyes, brought him closer, and kissed him.

"I love you, too. Now stop making everything about you and kiss me."

And then he did, with cheers accompanied in the background.

A/N: So, this is the end. I know that probably many of you would want it to be longer, but I think it is time to end this for now. If I ever find a way to better write this story/transition to the ending in the future, I will rewrite it, even if it means more chapters. THERE WILL BE AN EPILOGUE ONE DAY. Also, for those of you requesting a HailtxReader, I've written the first chapter.

As for other stories, I have posted a story of my own imagination and characters called 'A Terminal Kind of Love.' I would really appreciate it if you guys give it a change and/or give feedback on it.

ALSO I AM GOING TO UNIVERSITY IN 4 MONTHS AND I'M IN PRE-MED AND LIKE I'M KIND OF FREAKING OUT BUT ALSO NOT SO YEA. BUT I WILL TRY TO BE AS ACTIVE AS POSSIBLE. 

Future stories for some point in time:

-Newt Scammander

-Tom Holland (I HAVE A REALLY GOOD IDEA FOR THIS ONE)

-Spiderman (?)

-Stranger Things

-Any other requests you lovelies have (Sidenote: don't feel like it has to malexfemale, it can be malexmale, femalexfemale, agenderxmale, or literally anything)

(I have written the ones I've mentioned before because either new developments or because I don't feel like the parts I've written are good enough for you)

S.J.