Chapter 4-The hero emerges

Chika was discharged without medication. Her mum was told to keep an eye on her... But she still had to go to school. In an attempt to make her feel better, Maria, took Chika to meet the new teacher of geography that morning. Maria knocked on the class room door and peeked in as Chika pushed herself againt the wall. "C'min" Said a sweet female voice, as soft as silk.

"Mrs Mayers, this is Chika." Maria said, grabbing Chika's arm and pulling her forward.

"Hello dear. How are you my dear?" She said sweetly. Her eyes widened at the sight of her. At first, Chika thought it was suprise and she was happy to meet her. Mrs Mayers held out her hand as gesture for Chika to shake it. But there was something about those eyes. She was about to take her hand, but pulled back sharply as she saw something move under the skin.

"I'm... I'm good Miss." Chika said.

"Suit yourself then." She replied smiling widely at her, and retracted her hand.

Something stirred inside Chika. Something strong. A sudden urge That made her say. "Mr Mappy? What are you?"

"I'm sorry dear?" Her voice grew stern.

"You think i'm a fool?"

"I did get that impression, yes."

"Erm..." Maria hummed quietly. "Whats goin on?" She said confused.

"Nothing. Mrs Mayers will leave this school by the end of the day though, or no one will ever see her again." Chika replied.

"Oh i asure you dear, you wont do that. You wont see your friend again if that happens." Mrs Mayers countered. Chika was confused. "Maria, can i have a word in my office please?"

"No!" Chika screamed.

"Chika, i'll be ok." Maria reassured her, noting the discomfort in her voice.

"NO!" She said louder, close to tears. "DONT DO IT, MARIA!"

"Chika, I'll be ok. It's only there." She said pointing to a door at the back of the class room, revealing a small room and a desk inside. Chika was actually crying now.

"Please?" She begged. "Please dont."

Maria had known Chika for ages, and she knew what she meant to her, so she gave in. "Mrs Mayers, I'd like to do it out here."

"So be it." Mrs Mayers said casually. She moved to Maria, very quickly. So quick in fact, she was a blur. As her hand grasped Maria's shoulder, she screamed in pain, the vanished in a puff of smoke.

Chika was horrified. She didn't know what to do, nor did she know if Maria was dead or alive. This time, though, Chika wasn't anyone's bitch. She was going be the bigger person, she was going to destroy this... This... Thing, right now. Right where it stood. Or so her brain told her, but her body had other ideas. She was frozen, in shock. She could only look, and watch. Her mouth dropped as low as it could go.

"Your turn. And this time, I will kill you. No mistakes this time." Mrs Mayers told Chika. Her voice was distorted. It was like a computer talking as its battery dies.

Chika was frozen, still. Tears stremed down her face. She couldn't help it. Nothing seemed to matter. She saw a sword appear from nowhere. She didn't feel up to reacting against it. Despite the anger ebbing away at her insides like a parasite, she didn't feel like reacting. All of a sudden, her arm flashed in front of her. It was made of rock. Solid stone. As the blade made contact, it shattered. Hundreds of pieces of metal scattered across the room.

"No more!" Chika said. "I will not be like that any more. Not a good little girl. Not the one takes shit for no reason. I am goin to fight back!" She said in a sort of war cry.