Chapter 39 - Painted

Start from the beginning

I giggled and grabbed his hand, leading him out onto the dance floor. "Come on,"

I wrapped my hands around his neck, his coiling their way around my waist. Maybe my paint job isn't as good as what the artists could have done, but it was mine and it was on Stiles. And that was enough to make it look damn good.

We moved to the heavy beat of the music, both of us tremendously uncoordinated. But that didn't matter because even though we were surrounded by people, it was just the two of us. No one else in this room mattered except for him.

I pulled his lips to mine from the grip around his neck. He tasted sweet, like butterscotch almost, the way he always tastes. His tongue slid against my bottom lip and I let him in without a second thought. He's gotten way too good with his tongue for me to even mess around with teasing him. I think he knows it, too.

Our bodies grinded together with the music, his leg moving in between my thighs. I pulled my lips away from his and turned around, pressing my back into his chest and my butt into his groin. I grabbed his hands and placed them low on my hips, still swinging to the beat.

I swept my hair to one side, feeling Stiles' mouth immediately dive onto the open spot on my neck. My eyes nearly rolled into the back of my head at the pleasure that tingled my skin. He sucked on the sweet spot we found over the summer and I didn't even care that my mouth was hanging open. I didn't have the capacity to keep it shut at this point.

Stiles spun me back around, pulling my body into his and kissing me feverishly. I ran my hands down his bare shoulders, feeling the muscles in his back flexing underneath my touch. He was making me lose control.

When I brought my hands back down to slide across his chest, his fingers found the bracelet he had given me. He smiled at me as he held the silver heart that was engraved with our initials. It felt almost like a piece of him.

"Thank you," I said over the boom of the music.

"What?"

"Thank you," I repeated, louder this time so he could hear me.

We were still dancing to the beat, bouncing back and forth like idiots. "You already thanked me for the bracelet,"

"Maybe I'm thanking you for more than that,"

He gave me a confused look, but he ought to know what I'm talking about. I have countless things to thank him for, things like being there for me even when I couldn't remember my own name, or when I went on a psychotic rampage. He never gave up on me, and no matter what he's going through now, I'm not going to give up on him either.

I wrapped my hands around the back of his neck and pulled his lips back into mine. We've all seen and been through some terrible things, but kissing Stiles...that's the one thing that's right. It will always be right.

"Should've known I'd see you two here," said a too-familiar voice over the music.

Stiles and I both pulled away and froze, not quite knowing what to do. I turned my head to see Eric standing before us with a smirk on his face and his arms folded across his bare chest. There were neon pink lipstick stains dotted along his jaw and neck.

"I'm - uh...gonna go get us some drinks," said Stiles awkwardly.

"Good idea," said Eric. Stiles gave an uncomfortable laugh before walking away.

"Seriously?" I said, cocking an eyebrow at my brother. "You're one to talk with all those lip stains on your neck,"

He gave me a sarcastic smile. "Someone had to intervene before things got too out of hand,"