Chapter 18

Your heart was whole now, the hole what was there for a long time was now filled with happiness and love. You never thought you could find the missing part of your heart, but now, you had found it.

You and Sam were laying in bed naked on your sides, your bodies curled up into each other, burning hot from the heat what had filled your bodies with the love. From the love you two just shared by words and actions.

Sam nuzzled his nose in your forehead and hair, keeping you close to his body, as you kept your eyes closed, keeping your hand on his chest, right above his heart, feeling how it beat calm and steady inside of him. His heart, what belonged to you.

Everything was perfect. It felt like that every piece in your life was now in their places, making your life complete. That every single thing what had happened in your life, all the good and the bad things, only happened so you could be right here and now.

And that wasn't only you. Sam was feeling the same way. He always thought that he was meant to do something great. And after finding Libertalia with his little brother, his long-road dream, what he thought it was his destiny, he still felt huge emptiness graving inside of him.

But now, now that emptiness was gone. He never could have imagined that what was missing from his heart, was love. Pure and genuine love, what he had seen between his brother and his wife. He never thought he could find it himself. And he wasn't even looking, but when he saw you on that terrace, smiling your shy smile to him, he knew you were special.

You raised your head a little and opened your eyes, while Sam gave you long kiss on your forehead before he met your gaze.

"What did I do to deserve you?" You whispered. Sam leaned his forehead to yours and sighed while smoothing your back.

"What did I do to deserve you?" You chuckled a little, nuzzling your nose to his jaw and his stubble, making it graze your skin. You wanted to stay there forever, in Sam's arms.

"You are the best thing that had happened to me." You kissed his jaw, and soon his lips found yours, leaving a small soft kiss on them.

"Are you going to steal all my words?" He whispered against your lips and smoothed your hair. You smiled at him.

"I don't know, what else you have to say?"

"That I love you so much." He whispered to you, his deep voice, and him saying those words again, made shivers go all over your body.

"Yeah, I was gonna steal all of your words." You chuckled and kissed him again. Deep, long kiss, full of love.

When your lips separated, your cheeks were filled with tears, and Sam wiped them away with his thumb.

"I hope those are happy tears?"

You nodded.

"I'm so happy that it hurts."

"I'm not going anywhere. Never was and never will. Even though you wouldn't give me a change, I would still be here, as your friend." He caressed your cheek with his fingers. Even his hands have seen life, they were rough and callous, his touch was soft and gentle against your skin.

"You're leaving soon with Sully." You reminded him, making him chuckle a little.

"Just a couple of weeks, I'll come back." He kissed your forehead deep and long and you closed your eyes and pushed yourself deeper into his arms.

Your phone started to ring on the table next to the bed. You had no intention to answer, but Sam leaned to grab your phone and looked who it was.

"It's Annie." He smiled, looking at the screen. You sighed and pulled away from his chest, taking the phone in your hand. You took a couple of seconds before you answered to her.