Chapter 2

The car ride wasn't bad, Lena is pretty cool. She's one year older than me, loves anime, and definitely doesn't get along with her brother. Talking with her almost made me forget why I'm moving in the first place.

When we ran out of things to talk about, I decided to look out the window at the moving scenery. Nothing but nature surrounded us. It's as if we left all signs of civilization. It actually pretty calming, just watching the trees pass by.

"Tyler" Turning around Jesse held a new phone in front of me. "Here" It was still in its box, fresh from the store.

I stared at the object before pushing it away. "I already have one" I pulled out my flip phone. "I'm fine" This is my moms phone, she didn't like the new ones. That's how I like it too, and I want to keep it that way.

He still held the phone in front of me. "This isn't a discussion. Your taking this phone and will use it for now on"

"Who do you think you are to be demanding things like that from me?" I sat up to face him. "I don't even know you. The only reason I trust you is because my parents did" He held a stern authoritative expression. "Why did you even bother with me? Obviously you didn't care when my parents died"

Lena leaned forward "Tyler if I may-"

"No you may not" I snapped "Just why are you doing this?" They both now looked shocked "You don't have to take me in. That paper is a what it is, a paper"

"If your done-"

"No I'm not, but I'd rather use my breath for something useful instead of wasting it on you"

"I'm sorry if my brother offended you" Lena apologized. "He just wants you to be... happy" happy?

Just as she said that we arrived at the mansion. I stepped out of the car "Sorry to tell you this but" I squeezed my backpack to my chest "I lost the meaning of happiness a long time ago"

---

The mansion wasn't that big... ok it's huge! I shouldn't have stormed off back there. Now I'm lost!

"So your him" Jumping I swung my bag in the direction of the voice. "Fuck!" The boy shouted "What the hell dude!"

Dropping my bag I quickly tried to check if I actually hurt him. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" I kept repeating. "You don't sneak up on me" I told him, starring at the blood on his hands. It dripped down his lip from his nose, leaving a dark crimson trail above it.

He pinched his nose and tilted his head back "Noted" The boy kept his eyes on me even though he couldn't look straight. "You got any napkins?" He held up his bloody hand. "Or wipes?"

Reaching for my bag, I noticed he's about my age. He's kinda cute if I have to admit. This doesn't mean I'm a slut, I'm just aware of a sexy human being when I see one. His jawline is so sharp I can cut a diamond with it. And his muscles, he's not as muscular as Jesse, but damn! He's fit.

While admiring his body I noticed the blood dripped on his shirt. With No hesitation I immediately pointed to it. "Your shirt" I handed him a wipe. "Blood"

He looked down after the bleeding stopped and shrugged it off. "Bloods easier to get off than you think" yeah, don't know how to take that statement?

Letting the blood soaked wipes fall to the floor he grabbed the hem of his shirt and began to pull it over his head. "Whoa!" I turned away blushing. "You can't just change out here"

I felt a finger gently guide my face forward. "Why? No ones here except us" He whispered, his face inches away from mine. "Besides I do live here"

"Yeah... but ummm"