Chapter 3

It's about to strike eight in the morning and still there is no sign of her in the hospital. She surely is punctual. So what is it that is taking her this much time to reach the hospital?

Dr. Rizvi sitting in his cabin, whilst checking the reports of his patient gets impatient to get the glimpse of Dr. Mirza. 'Khadoos', 'Akdu', 'Pohncha hua dakhal andaaz' name him whatever you like but this she cannot deny that he is much more punctual than the careless Dr. Mirza. Careless! Well at least in the books of Dr. Naushad Rizvi, she surely is that. This adjective is a new addition today otherwise uptil yesterday he has already awarded her with many other objectives! One such adjective is - secretive!

Secretive, oh yes that she surely is. But could you blame her for that Dr. Rizvi? Leading a life with zero friends has turned her secretive. Living a life full of obstacles has turned her quiet.

"Abbu!",

the voice of his angel, comes as a surprise for Naushad.

Putting the file down, he looks towards his daughter.

"Aaliya aap yahan kaise ayin?",

asks Naushad, pleasantly surprised.

"Wo maine Raheem uncle ko phone karke kaha ke wo mujhe yahan le ayein. Aur main yahan aa gayi",

says Aalia, beaming with joy on being in her father's cabin.

"Aalia, bhai ye to galat baat hai apki. Aap agar iss waqt yahan rahengi to apni parhayi kab karengi aap? Ab school na jane ka matlab ye to nahi na ke aap parhayi hi na karein?",

asks Naushad, lovingly.

"Main yahan Meher Didi se milne ayi thi Abbu!",

says Aalia, her face expression falls as she mentions that.

Naushad's smile vanishes too, gradually.

"Apne unse abhi tak sorry nahi bola na?",

asks Aalia, sorrowfully.

Naushad looks towards his daughter apologetically, feeling guilty.

(Naushad-Meher's background tune begins as he remembers Meher and feels guilty)